Date selection in tasks, no start of due dates

Have a great idea on how VueMinder could be improved? Post it here!

Date selection in tasks, no start of due dates

Postby GreatLakes » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:23 am

There seems to be difference in task list and event list when picking things due today, tomorrow, next 7 days, etc. Events can only have a specific day or days by definition but tasks can have no start or due date. So when picking events for "today" or next seven days, then events would have only dates for "today" or next seven days. Events that have occurred already are not listed in tomorrow even though not completed. On the other hand, tasks that have no start or due date would be grouped with today when "today" is selected from the drop down list.

My intention for picking today, or next seven days in tasks is to restrict the selection of tasks to specific start or due dates, but not to include tasks with no start or due dates. I believe that "today" also includes overdue tasks but that is probably logical..

In the task list, I would expect the dates selection to pick only those items with dates. If I pick tomorrow then I would expect to see tasks with start or due dates of tomorrow, plus any floating tasks not completed as of the time when I select the date range, and probably overdue tasks. Floating tasks might be difficult.

Note that in the filtering menu, I can force only tasks with today or tomorrow, etc. which will eliminate tasks with no start or due dates but this is a little clumsy compared to drop down selections.

How does this work? Maybe all dates should be renamed all tasks, then all dates should indicate all tasks with a specific start and or a due date.

Thanks again for a terrific program.
GreatLakes

Re: Date selection in tasks, no start of due dates

Postby VueSoft » Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:57 pm

Hi GreatLakes, thank you for the feedback. I'll add an option to the Task List to filter tasks that don't have a specific date. Please let me know if you have any other questions or suggestions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Better Software. Better Living.
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Date selection in tasks, no start of due dates

Postby GreatLakes » Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:17 pm

Thanks Dan.
GreatLakes

Return to Suggestions