Clickable links in the reminders

Have a great idea on how VueMinder could be improved? Post it here!

Clickable links in the reminders

Postby mbannon » Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:56 pm

I often have a reminder pop up to remind me to go to a specific website. I know that I can put a clickable link in the description section and it will show up in the details pane but to use it I have to open the main calendar window. Is it possible to have a clickable link show in the reminder? Maybe it could be in the "Location" area. If not, how about a button on the reminder that opens the main calendar window? Using the current "Open" button on the reminder takes me to the event editor but links in the description are not clickable.
mbannon

Re: Clickable links in the reminders

Postby VueSoft » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:24 pm

Thank you for the suggestion. I'll add a popup reminder setting for the next version (Pro only) to include the event description in the reminder window. This will allow links to be clicked directly from the reminder window.

In the meantime, you can click the links in the event description editor, but you have to hold the Ctrl key while clicking. This is the same as Microsoft Word and Outlook, when in edit mode. This feature is in both the current Lite and Pro versions.

Thanks again for the suggestion!
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby VueSoft » Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:03 pm

The latest Pro version (5.2.0) includes a new popup reminder setting labeled "Show the event description". When this setting is checked, the popup reminder will include the formatted event description - the same that is shown in the Details pane when the event is clicked in the calendar. Any links included in the description will be clickable from the popup reminder window.

You can view an example here (see the 'Reminder With Event Description' section).

Also, tasks can now have reminders and details, and have a similar option to display the task details in the popup reminder window.

Thanks again for the suggestion, and please let me know if you have any questions or other suggestions. Thanks!
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby gjbth » Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:49 am

:D :D Another great improvement Dan, Many thanks

Best Regards

gjbth
gjbth

Return to Suggestions