Possible to maintain position of Snooze and Dismiss buttons?

Have a great idea on how VueMinder could be improved? Post it here!

Possible to maintain position of Snooze and Dismiss buttons?

Postby daniel347x » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:36 pm

I frequently take advantage of the alarm reminders window, where I typically go back and forth between the Snooze button, the Dismiss button, and sometimes the Snooze All or Dismiss All button.

I have noticed an inconvenience. The position of one or more buttons sometimes flips from place to place. For example, when there is only 1 item left in the list, the Dismiss button flips over to the right side.

When buttons flip around, there are a few disadvantages:

(1) There is the danger that out of habit I may hit the incorrect button sometime
(2) When I first look at the window and move the cursor towards the window, I will not be able to develop an instinct regarding where the buttons are, which then forces conscious attention to the current location of the buttons, taking my attention away from the work I was doing
(3) I can't hit the buttons in rapid-fire succession without a bit of concern that they might flip positions
(4) It's distracting when they flip positions

So, just a thought that the position of these buttons on the window could be redesigned to ensure that each button always remains in the same location.

Thanks,
Dan
daniel347x

Re: Possible to maintain position of Snooze and Dismiss butt

Postby VueSoft » Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:12 pm

Hi Dan, if you resize the reminder window a little wider, the buttons should no longer wrap and will stay in the correct locations.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Better Software. Better Living.
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Return to Suggestions