Automatically increment selected day at midnight

Have a great idea on how VueMinder could be improved? Post it here!

Automatically increment selected day at midnight

Postby daniel347x » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:27 am

I use global hotkeys extensively to add quick reminders whose start time is automatically set within an hour. But after midnight (or the first time I use the hotkey to add a reminder the next day), the automatic start time fails because the current day in Month view has not been automatically incremented. I then have to open the main interface and click on the current day to make it active.

I know this isn't a big deal, but having to do it day after day after day just adds to the sense of tedium.

I'd like to suggest that, if the current day is active, then at midnight the current day should automatically switch to the next (now current) day.

Thanks!
daniel347x

Re: Automatically increment selected day at midnight

Postby VueSoft » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:00 pm

Hi daniel347x, thank you for the feedback. The current date in the Month view will automatically increment (i.e., the highlighted date will change) when the date changes at midnight. I think you're referring to the selected date. For mouse users, a date is selected by clicking it.

When a new event is created, it will default to starting at the next hour if the selected date is the same as the current date. When this breaks down is between 11:00 PM and midnight. In that case, the new event will default to 12:00 AM on the current date, not the next date. I think this is what you're seeing. I'll fix the behavior so the new event will default to starting on the next day.

I'll post a reply when this correction is completed. Please let me know if I've misunderstood.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby daniel347x » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:17 pm

I think that might be the complete issue - however, I'm not sure, because I know that this issue occurs even when I wake up the next morning (i.e., 7 A.M.), and hit the global hotkey for the first time that day. At that point, the time for the event is set to the previous day.
daniel347x

Postby VueSoft » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:01 am

Hi daniel347x, thank you for clarifying. I'll make a modification so if the current date is selected when the clock hits midnight, the selection will automatically adjust to the new date.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby VueSoft » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:08 pm

Version 10.1.8 has been released and should solve the behavior described above. To update, click the "Check for Updates" command on the Help menu. Please let me know if 10.1.8 doesn't fix the problem, or if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Return to Suggestions