Vueminder Lite - open google calendar in browser

Have a great idea on how VueMinder could be improved? Post it here!

Vueminder Lite - open google calendar in browser

Postby maxinegerb » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:17 pm

In Vueminder Lite, I would like a one-click way to open my google calendar in my browser, preferably something from the menu or toolbar. Would you consider adding that feature?
Thanks,
Maxine
maxinegerb

Re: Vueminder Lite - open google calendar in browser

Postby VueSoft » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:12 pm

Hi Maxine, welcome to the forums. There are no plans to add a direct link to open Google Calendar from within VueMinder because you can easily create a shortcut to Google Calendar and pin this to your Windows taskbar. Note, I'm assuming you're using Windows Vista, 7, or 8.

1. To create an internet shortcut, right-click an empty area on your desktop and select "New -> Shortcut."
2. For the location, type "http://www.google.com/calendar".
3. Click Next.
4. Enter "Google Calendar" for the shortcut name.
5. Click Finish.
6. Open your web browser, if it isn't already running. An icon for your browser should appear on the taskbar.
7. Drag the shortcut to your internet browser's icon on the taskbar. A tooltip should say something like "Pin to Google Chrome" or "Pin to Internet Explorer".
8. After pinning the shortcut, right-click your web browser's icon on the taskbar. You'll see the shortcut has been pinned to the top of the popup menu.
9. At the bottom of the popup menu, if it says "Pin this program to taskbar", click that command. This will make the web browser shortcut pinned to the taskbar, even when it isn't running.
10. Whenever you need to launch Google Calendar, right-click the web browser icon on your taskbar and select "Google Calendar" from the popup menu.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions or suggestions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Vueminder Lite - open google calendar in browser

Postby maxinegerb » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:35 pm

Actually, I'm on XP, but of course I can do a very similar thing there. Big duh! Thanks.
maxinegerb

Return to Suggestions