Two suggestions

Have a great idea on how VueMinder could be improved? Post it here!

Two suggestions

Postby mwfuss » Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:47 am

I am new to VueMinder, having just purchased the program in the past month. I have found the program to very helpful but there are two suggestions that I would like to offer. I have been using Lotus Organizer since 2000. It has not been updated in a while and I imagine it will eventually be left to die. It has two features that have always set it apart from all other calendar applications in my opinion.

First, Organizer allows the user to enter a recurring event that recurs on differing days [for instance, the 1st and 3rd Monday of the month] in one entry rather than two. This is a very good time saving feature.

Second, Organizer allows for great flexibility when it comes to printing. I am quite old-fashioned and I print all of my calendars and place them in my Day-Timer binder. With Organizer I can print to a set format that fits the binder size that I use. In my case, I am able to print to a 8.5 X 11 page in landscape mode, front and back, with two calendar pages per side. I print a daily calendar, so this gives me four days [each is sized 4.25 x 5.5] on one sheet of paper that I can then cut to size, hole-punch and place in my binder. I actually use perforated paper, so I do not cut anything, I just pull it apart.

These are two features that I would like to see included in VueMinder. In my opinion they would make the program even better. The implementation of these features would also present me with a very compelling reason to finally switch from Organizer.
mwfuss

Re: Two suggestions

Postby VueSoft » Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:40 pm

Thank you for the suggestions. I will need to do some more research to see if these can be implemented.

I've taken an initial look at providing more than one month per page, but this looks like it will be a bit of a challenge, since the design is currently based on one month per page. Regardless, I've added this feature request to my list.

Having multiple recurrence patterns may also pose some technical difficulties. I believe the iCal standard can support it, but it could break the interoperability VueMinder has with other programs, like Outlook. I'll need to think about how this could be implemented, while preserving compatibility.

Thanks again for the suggestions. You've given me a lot to think about!
;)
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Return to Suggestions