Addition of field for website in task and event editor

Have a great idea on how VueMinder could be improved? Post it here!

Addition of field for website in task and event editor

Postby GreatLakes » Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:25 pm

Hi Dan,

In task editor and event editor I would like to see another field to enter website similar to how you have it in contact editor. This is a nice feature in the contact editor. I realize that a hyperlink can be inserted in a field in descriptions but it would be easier to see it on the task bar or somewhere more visible than buried in description hyperlink, though I like ability to add a text description which is how you have it in the event and task editor under hyperlink to give a hint to what the website is.

Maybe a blend of adding field for website with "display text" line and website address on description toolbar of task and event editor. I like how on the contact editor I can enter website and then click on arrow at end to launch website rather than double clicking. Very smooth.
GreatLakes

Re: Addition of field for website in task and event editor

Postby VueSoft » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:12 pm

Hi GreatLakes, thank you for the suggestion. In the Ultimate version, custom fields can be defined. A custom field could be added named "Website". Custom fields can be of various types, like Text, Date, Yes/No, Number, etc. Currently, there's no URL field type, so it would need to be Text. I'll improve this to provide a URL field type, which would also make the link clickable in the event tooltip or Details Pane. I'll post a reply when this improvement is completed.

Note, there are no plans to add a website field to the top of the Event Editor or Task Editor, since there are already a lot of fields there and I don't want to make the user interface any busier or confusing. I believe a website field would fit best as a custom field. It's also one more reason to upgrade to the Ultimate version. ;)
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Better Software. Better Living.
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby GreatLakes » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:45 pm

Thanks Dan,

I realize that I will upgrade to Ultimate in a couple of months. As a fairly heavy user of your Pro product I am digging deeper into all the built in capabilities first which will help me in the design of custom fields in the Ultimate system. I find that I might think I need a special feature which could be designed in Ultimate, but after posting in Forums you let me know a way to use it in a way that is already built into Pro.
GreatLakes

Postby VueSoft » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:16 am

Version 10.1.7 is now available. This version adds a "URL" custom data type. When a custom value is entered using the URL type, it will be appear as a link in the Details Pane or event tooltip. Clicking the custom value will open it's link in a web browser.

Note, this improvement is in the Ultimate version only. The Pro and Lite versions don't support custom data fields.

To update, click the "Check for Updates" command on the Help menu.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Better Software. Better Living.
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Return to Suggestions