Notes editor, notes completion option

Have a great idea on how VueMinder could be improved? Post it here!

Notes editor, notes completion option

Postby GreatLakes » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:50 am

Hi Dan,

I have been using the notes tab a lot more lately and have found it very useful. I would like an option from the notes editor and from the right click option when in notes to "complete" a note. In this way I could take the notes out of the active status but still see if "completion" causes a dimming of the field as in other completion operations.

The "completion" maybe could be looked on as as "archiving" rather than completion as defined in event or task editors.
GreatLakes

Re: Notes editor, notes completion option

Postby VueSoft » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:52 pm

Hi GreatLakes, thank you for the feedback. Conceptually, I have a hard time with notes being marked as "completed". Events and tasks can be completed, but notes are just...notes. I don't understand how a note could be completed.

It makes more sense to say a note is archived, but that's really not the same thing as being completed. Why not create a new category named "Archived" and associate archived notes with that category? You can color-code items based on category via the "Color Events Using" option on the View menu. The Archived category could have dark gray text on a light gray background, or some other color combination that helps make it appear faded.

You could also group the notes in the Notes list so all the "Archived" notes are grouped separately. To do this, right-click the column header in the Notes list, select "Show Group By Box", and then drag the "Category" column to the Group By box.

Does that help?
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Better Software. Better Living.
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Notes editor, notes completion option

Postby GreatLakes » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:39 pm

Hi Dan,

This is probably a good solution to achieve the same result as archiving. Whatever works.
GreatLakes

Return to Suggestions