Location field improvements in event editor

Have a great idea on how VueMinder could be improved? Post it here!

Location field improvements in event editor

Postby GreatLakes » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:08 pm

Hi Dan,

I would like the ability in event editor to not add a location automatically to the location list. This could be a global setting to automatically add or a yes/no each time a new location name is entered. Sometimes a location is unique so that it is unlikely to appear again but the automatic addition to the location list increases the length significantly.

Ability to have location and sub location, for example, location is St. Louis, sub location, Mississippi riverfront, sub location, Gateway Arch. This three level example is probably the most I would want to see before getting confused, but it would be helpful for business clients in grouping their meetings or travel. If the location and sublocation list could be expanded and narrowed this would be ideal.
GreatLakes

Re: Location field improvements in event editor

Postby VueSoft » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:31 am

Hi GreatLakes, thank you for the suggestions. I'm not thrilled with the idea of popping up a message every time a new location is entered. I think that might get annoying, or would be disabled (which would defeat the purpose).

However, I do understand what you're after. There's a Location editor that can be accessed via the Tools menu. I'll improve this editor to allow you to pick which locations you want to see listed in the Location drop-down on the Event Editor. I'll still need to come up with a design, but I'm thinking something along the lines of "Favorites" for locations, so only those locations marked as favorites will be listed in the drop-down. I'll also consider adding the ability to group locations.

Thanks again for the suggestions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Better Software. Better Living.
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby GreatLakes » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:46 am

Thanks Dan,

I do agree with your first paragraph about how it could be annoying. I just thought I would suggest another design to not have an annoying pop up as an alternative, but on the other hand not have an unwieldy long location list.

I know that you will consider how to accomplish this. It is something down the road that would be nice but not necessarily at the top of my list.
GreatLakes

Postby VueSoft » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:48 am

Hi GreatLakes, thanks again for the suggestion and I'll let you know what I come up with.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Better Software. Better Living.
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Return to Suggestions