Look up improvement for locations and categories

Have a great idea on how VueMinder could be improved? Post it here!

Look up improvement for locations and categories

Postby GreatLakes » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:43 pm

Hi Dan,

On event editor, with locations or categories, or task editor with categories, I would like ability to type in first letter in the location or category field and have look up list jump to that letter so it is easier to scroll there and pick from locations or category
GreatLakes

Re: Look up improvement for locations and categories

Postby VueSoft » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:42 am

Hi GreatLakes, thank you for the suggesiton.

When you click the "Category" field, it should expand to show a drop-down list of all your categories. When you type a letter while the drop-down list is displayed, the list will scroll so the categories starting with the letter that was typed will be at the top of the list (if possible). You can press the space bar to select the first category starting with the typed letter, or press the letter again to go to the next category if more than one category starts with that letter. Press the space bar to pick the category. This completely eliminates the need to scroll the drop-down category list.

I'll improve the Location drop-down to auto-suggest locations as a value is typed, and will post a reply when this improvement is completed.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other suggestions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Look up improvement for locations and categories

Postby GreatLakes » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:54 am

Hi Dan,

I didn't know you could do this. I tried your suggestion and it worked although it is a little awkward compared to your autocomplete idea. Thanks for your quick response. VueMinder keeps on improving on an already terrific program.
GreatLakes

Return to Suggestions