Suggestions for task and event editor improvements

Have a great idea on how VueMinder could be improved? Post it here!

Suggestions for task and event editor improvements

Postby GreatLakes » Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:01 pm

Task editor should have repeating range and repeating pattern to match event editor. In this way, for instance weekend could be skipped, or task could only occur on weekends for example. On recurrence field for events, in event editor window, suggest having two boxes for daily and weekly. You currently have option for recurrence of every weekday.

If daily, how about adding Saturday and Sunday boxes so event can be every Sat or every Sun or both. Task editor should have repeating options more robust and matching more of event editor capabilities.

The repeating option in task editor should have an ending range such as in event editor.

Also in task and event editor it would be ideal to have repeating and recurrence exceptions. I believe someone already posted this suggestion, so that event occur every year but only in the summer, or every weekend but only for a certain span of time.

These might take a while, if ever, but just thought I would throw them out.
GreatLakes

Re: Suggestions for task and event editor improvements

Postby VueSoft » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:18 pm

Hi GreatLakes, thank you for the feedback.

Task editor should have repeating range and repeating pattern to match event editor. In this way, for instance weekend could be skipped, or task could only occur on weekends for example.

Thank you for the suggestion. I have this on my list of possible improvements. Currently, repeating tasks are designed differently than repeating events - on purpose. Tasks can repeat based on the current task's due date OR completion date, which might not be the same. This is a very dynamic method of calculating the next task due date, and wouldn't work with the type of fixed recurrence pattern used by events.

On recurrence field for events, in event editor window, suggest having two boxes for daily and weekly. You currently have option for recurrence of every weekday.

Events can be scheduled to recur daily, weekly, monthly, or yearly. They aren't limited to only recurring every weekday. The "Weekly" pattern can be selected from the left side of the Recurrence tab. Please see the link below for more details:
http://www.vueminder.com/products/vuemi ... rence.html

If daily, how about adding Saturday and Sunday boxes so event can be every Sat or every Sun or both.

These checkboxes are available when the recurrence pattern is set to Weekly.

Also in task and event editor it would be ideal to have repeating and recurrence exceptions. I believe someone already posted this suggestion, so that event occur every year but only in the summer, or every weekend but only for a certain span of time.

I have this on my list of planned improvements.

These might take a while, if ever, but just thought I would throw them out.

Thanks again for the suggestions. I don't have an estimate on when these will be completed, but I'll post a reply when they are.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Return to Suggestions