Hovering feature for task and event editor toolbar

Have a great idea on how VueMinder could be improved? Post it here!

Hovering feature for task and event editor toolbar

Postby GreatLakes » Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:39 pm

Hi Dan

When there is link to a task or event, it would be nice when you click on the link tab, and the link comes up, that you can at least have a hover feature over the start/due, description etc. tabs on the task editor "action" toolbar so you can see everything at once.

For example, I have an event scheduled and I have a task linked to that event. When I am in the event editor for that task, of course I can see the start/due date right away. When I click on link tab on the toolbar which includes the link tab, the linked event is shown below that. I assume that clicking on files tab would be similar. You see the date of the event below, but the start/due date or description or reminder on that task bar is obstructed. You can of course flip back and forth to view, but it would be nice to at least have a hover feature over that task bar of start/due, description etc. so you can view at once on one screen so to minimize flipping back and forth.

I didn't try other linked task to task or events to events but I would gather that this works the same way which requires flipping back and forth.

Not only would this be helpful but in the future it would be much easier viewing on a smartphone.

Thanks again for a terrific program and support.
GreatLakes

Re: Hovering feature for task and event editor toolbar

Postby VueSoft » Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:21 am

Hi GreatLakes, thank you for the feedback. It sounds like your Links tab is set to the "List" view. Try clicking the "View" button at the top of the Links tab and select "Tiles". This will show all the linked item details. It will also provide the ability to copy, print, or email the linked item details without needing to open the other linked items. Does that help?
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby GreatLakes » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:12 am

Thanks. That did it. Didn't realize that is what the tile view does. Now I do.
GreatLakes

Postby GreatLakes » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:27 am

I do see how changing the view to tiles rather than list helps. I also see that if you add links or files that a number in parenthesis is placed after files or links to indicate their presence. I also see that if there is a description, recurrence, meeting, reminder that the wording changes to bold. It might be more apparent if maybe the wording changed colors or there was a check mark next to or through the word. Just a thought, the change to bold doesn't jump out right away.

Thanks for your help.
GreatLakes

Postby VueSoft » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:20 pm

Hi GreatLakes, thank you for the suggestion. I've added this to my to-do list and will let you know what I come up with.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Return to Suggestions