Completing items from the event or task list

Have a great idea on how VueMinder could be improved? Post it here!

Completing items from the event or task list

Postby GreatLakes » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:56 pm

Hi Dan,

Sometimes I do not mark events or tasks completed right away. I like to go to the task or event list to review the items and then mark them as completed. However, if I have a long list in tasks or events, when I mark completed, the cursor jumps completely to the top of the list.

I would find it more useful if marking items for completion if the cursor just stayed on the next available item, otherwise it takes quite a while to get back to where I was.
GreatLakes

Re: Completing items from the event or task list

Postby VueSoft » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:39 pm

HI GreatLakes, thank you for the feedback. I believe this happens when rows are grouped. I'll work on fixing this and will post a reply when an update is available.

In the meantime, you could work around the problem by disabling row grouping. To do this, make sure the "Group By Box" is visible. You can make it visible by right-clicking a column header and selecting "Show Group By Box". Click and drag whatever column is currently used for grouping. Drag it out of the Group By Box to remove the grouping. After doing this, marking an event or task as completed should no longer cause the list to scroll.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby GreatLakes » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:46 pm

Thanks Dan, I usually have the rows grouped so what you say makes sense.
GreatLakes

Postby VueSoft » Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:15 pm

This has been fixed in version 10.1.5. When an event or task is marked as complete, the list will no longer move to the top. To update, click the "Check for Updates" command on the Help menu.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby GreatLakes » Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:52 pm

Hi, Dan

Thanks. Your support is terrific. The fix makes it easier to move through list quickly without losing my place.
GreatLakes

Return to Suggestions