Viewing completed task and events

Have a great idea on how VueMinder could be improved? Post it here!

Viewing completed task and events

Postby GreatLakes » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:01 pm

Hi Dan,

When you are viewing in the day, week, month year mode, i.e. by viewing the calendar, you can right click on the calendar being viewed and toggle to view completed tasks or events or to not view them. I believe that you can also go to the "view" option on the main menu and select toggling on or off completed task and events.

If you go to the list view for tasks or events I would like the ability to have a menu option when right clicking to view completed tasks or events. In this way there would be more conformity with right click options in calendar view and list view. I do believe there are more menu options with the right click when in calendar view than list view.

I think you can go to the main "view" command on the file menu to toggle this for either calendar or list view. If you are in calendar view and toggle completed events, this command carries over to the list view but then when in list view you can not toggle from there but most go the the "view command" on the main toolbar.

I would like to see more conformity in the right click menu between calendar view and list view.

Thanks again, terrific program.
GreatLakes

Re: Viewing completed task and events

Postby VueSoft » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:42 am

Hi GreatLakes, thank you for the feedback. The right-click context menu when clicking an empty area in the Day/Week/Month view is different than when right-clicking a row in the Event List. This is because when a row is right-clicked in the Event List, that event is selected. The context menu is based on having an event selected, with options like "Quick Print" and "Categorize" - things that only make sense when an event is selected. There are different context menu commands shown when an event isn't selected (i.e., when right-clicking an empty area in the Day/Week/Month view).

If you right-click an event in the Day/Week/Month view, you'll see exactly the same context menu that you see when right-clicking an event in the Event List. I believe that part is consistent.

I'll improve right-clicking an empty area in the Event List to be more consistent with right-clicking an empty area in the Day/Week/Month view. I'll post a reply when this improvement is completed. Thank you for the suggestion and please let me know if you think of any other improvements.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Better Software. Better Living.
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby GreatLakes » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:04 am

Thanks Dan. Your explanation helps. It takes a while after using VueMinder to get up to speed to realize all the functions. Everything gets easier with constant use.
GreatLakes

Postby GreatLakes » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:17 am

Hi Dan,

Just to clarify, I went back to event and task list and understand what you mean about right clicking. When I go to right click in event list there is no empty area and there is no empty area in the task list to right click to pull up options similar to right clicking in day, week, month, year view.

So I assume that you will someone enable both in the event list and task list a function to mimic options by right clicking in empty area of calendar view. Of course I can always go to view in the main menu but it takes a while to realize that.

Thanks again for your listening to suggestions.
GreatLakes

Postby VueSoft » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:45 pm

If your list is shorter, there will be a blank area at the bottom of the list, below the last row. The list could be short enough to show a blank area if you have a smaller date range or if rows are filtered.

I'll also improve the right-click menu when an event or row is selected to include an option for showing or hiding completed items.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Better Software. Better Living.
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby GreatLakes » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:54 pm

Hi Dan,

Thanks Dan for the response which helps me understand how the right click works. I am sure the future right click improvement will simplify this.

The more I use VueMinder the more I see how deep the program is.
GreatLakes

Return to Suggestions