Outlook Sync

Have a great idea on how VueMinder could be improved? Post it here!

Outlook Sync

Postby tacchan23 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:53 am

Hello,
in the Outlook Sync tab of VueMinder, there is the "tip" about the warning of a program attempting to access Outlook data and suggestion to manually do the sync.

I think you should add that it is also possible to change the settings in Outlook "Trust Center/Programmatic Access" to never show the warning or only if there is no updated Anti Virus on the PC.

Honestly to me it seems a much better solution/tip than having to manually sync to Outlook every time (to then sync to my Android phone local calendar).
Of course if you could implement direct local sync to Android calendar would be even better :p
tacchan23

Re: Outlook Sync

Postby VueSoft » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:25 am

Hi tacchan23, thank you for the suggestion. I'll update the tip to mention the Trust Center settings.

Note, on some computers the Trust Center settings will be disabled, either due to group policy settings or the antivirus software that has been installed.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Better Software. Better Living.
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby nikkil » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:35 am

change the settings in Outlook "Trust Center/Programmatic Access" to never show the warning

Nice idea but I think this would be a challenge since the developers need to look at the Outlook code to integrate this. I would understand if this would take time though.
nikkil

Postby tacchan23 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:55 am

nikkil wrote:
change the settings in Outlook "Trust Center/Programmatic Access" to never show the warning

Nice idea but I think this would be a challenge since the developers need to look at the Outlook code to integrate this. I would understand if this would take time though.

I just meant to add that sentence in the Tip area so users can at least fix the problem themselves without searching on Google for a solution like I did^^
tacchan23

Postby VueSoft » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:19 pm

Version 10.1.0 added a sentence about the Trust Center Settings to the tip on the Outlook tab. Thanks again for the suggestion.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Better Software. Better Living.
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Return to Suggestions