Cycle Calendar for School

Have a great idea on how VueMinder could be improved? Post it here!

Cycle Calendar for School

Postby ssg » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:41 pm

School is on 6-day cycle, meaning classes never got missed because of holidays.
(recurrence wont work because it doesn't skip over holidays).
Any chance I can set up my calendar up with VueMinder?
ssg

Re: Cycle Calendar for School

Postby VueSoft » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:06 am

Hi ssg, you could create a weekly recurring event and check the day names of the 6 days the event occurs. When there's a case where the event shouldn't occur due to a holiday, right click that instance and select "Delete Event" from the popup menu. When asked, select "Delete this occurrence only". Repeat for any other holidays where the event shouldn't occur.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby ssg » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:44 am

The cycle shifts a day whenever there's a holiday. That's how classes don't get missed. There are only 5 school days per week. Let's say Day 1 is Monday, (then Day 2 is Tue, Day 3 Wed, Day 4 Thu, Day 5 Fri) Sat & Sun no school, Day 6 is therefore a Monday too, if there is no holiday.

Deleting the occurrence does not shift the cycle. Any chance I can still set up my calendar with VueMinder? Thx for helping.
ssg

Postby VueSoft » Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:07 pm

Hi ssg, thank you for the clarification. It doesn't sound like a recurring event will work.However, you could still use VueMinder to enter the schedule.

The easiest method would be to create an all-day event that lasts 5 days. Copy that event (Ctrl+C) and then click the next date the event should begin. Press Ctrl+V to paste the event, and then repeat pasting for the rest of the school year. If you don't have holidays in the calendar yet, those can be added using the "Add Public Calendar and Holidays" command on the File menu, which should make it easier to find what the next date should be for pasting the event.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Return to Suggestions