Sync with Outlook.com (Microsoft's Cloud-based Calendar)

Have a great idea on how VueMinder could be improved? Post it here!

Sync with Outlook.com (Microsoft's Cloud-based Calendar)

Postby Lorenzo » Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:08 am

Hi Dan,

I have been using VueMinder Pro for a while now and I was wondering whether you were planning to introduce a function to sync with the on-line calendar in Outlook.com.

It would make scheduling much easier when using a Windows Phone, a Windows Tablet and the Windows desktop.

Right now I am syncing using Google Calendar, but the events are mysteriously off by one hour on the Windows Phone.

All the best

Lorenzo

PS Thanks for all your suggestions and support!
Lorenzo

Re: Sync with Outlook.com (Microsoft's Cloud-based Calendar)

Postby VueSoft » Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:13 pm

Hi Lorenzo, I have 2-way syncing with Outlook.com on my list of planned improvements. I'll let you know when it's completed.

Regarding the times being an hour off between Google Calendar and your Windows Phone, my guess is that there's an inconsistency somewhere between the time zones configured in Google Calendar and the time zone configured on your phone. The Daylight Savings Time setting might also be inconsistent.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Better Software. Better Living.
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby Lorenzo » Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:58 am

VueSoft wrote:Hi Lorenzo, I have 2-way syncing with Outlook.com on my list of planned improvements. I'll let you know when it's completed.

Thanks! That'd be great!

VueSoft wrote:Regarding the times being an hour off between Google Calendar and your Windows Phone, my guess is that there's an inconsistency somewhere between the time zones configured in Google Calendar and the time zone configured on your phone. The Daylight Savings Time setting might also be inconsistent.

They are the same, London.
I suspect (but I am not sure) that the issue is because the Google Calendar is also subscribed to another calendar on an American different time zone. When I disconnect that calendar, the other calendars seem to propagate to other devices correctly. But I am not sure because I did so many things....

Kind regards

Lorenzo
Lorenzo

Postby slouw » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:34 am

Hi there
Is there any update on 2 way syncing with outlook.com?
I am trialing 2 way sync with Outlook 2010 (Local Win7 app) and have all kinds of issues.
My outlook is setup for outlook.com and I am wondering if syncing directly with outlook.com might be better....if it exists...

Thanks for any reply
slouw

Postby VueSoft » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:25 pm

Hi slouw, 2-way syncing with Outlook.com isn't available yet. I'll post a reply when it's completed.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Better Software. Better Living.
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Return to Suggestions