What's Your Favorite Feature in VueMinder Calendar?

This forum is for general discussion about VueSoft or any of its products.

Popup reminder content (pictures, video, etc)
7%
Outlook import/export or synchronization
No votes
Excel import/export capability
No votes
Interative calendar on Windows Desktop
17%
Customizable event and calendar appearances
7%
Calendar sharing over local network or web
17%
Event list that can be sorted and filtered
No votes
General look and feel of the program
20%
The many print layouts and settings
No votes
VueSoft's outstanding customer support
33%

Total votes : 30

Postby VueSoft » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:43 pm

Here's a poll where you can vote on what you like most about VueMinder Calendar Pro. If the feature you like isn't listed, respond to this thread!
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Better Software. Better Living.
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: What's Your Favorite Feature in VueMinder Calendar?

Postby banan » Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:09 pm

thanx for this amazing program,, i liked most of those choices, im sorry i couldn't choose more thane one.

the interactive desktop calendar is just great, task controling (writing, editing, and chick when complete......etc) is just a greaaaaat idea,,

really thnx alot
banan
banan

Postby gjbth » Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:42 pm

For me all of the above features.
In my view Vueminder with the latest 5.5.1 release is so far ahead of the competition anyway, nothing else comes near it and I've tried most.

If I have to pick one feature though, it has to be the truly Outstanding Customer Support.

Thanks again Dan for your excellent work :D :D .

gjbth
gjbth

Postby Fliptop » Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:46 pm

for me it was

Popup reminder content (pictures, video, etc).
Fliptop

Postby Rodster » Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:57 pm

I like many things about this program. First off I like the transparent calendar in the background and the customization as well as the balloon pop-ups when you move the cursor over the event it lists everything including notes. Pretty slick.

Up to this point my favorite calendar was Anytime Organizer. While that program has it's own set of good features I like this one much better. 8-)
Rodster

Postby loafer » Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:22 am

For me, the general feel and look of the program. While I´m not computer stupid I found some calendars I tried just too confusing and difficult to understand. Sure, I want a calendar with comprehensive features, but I don´t want to have to struggle to get it to work. Everything about VueMinder seems to follow a logical pattern, as in 123, I´ve amazed myself as to just how well I´ve set up in just a short time. The layout is pleasing to look at and all information is there on one page, no hunting around for info. I´m halfway through Pro evaluation but the cash is ready! :D
loafer

Postby Via Cassian » Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:20 pm

FAVORITE FEATURES OF VMC. The program loaded to my Windows 7 64 Dell computer without any problems. Three other calendars were added using the Wizard during initial configuration and they work without a glitch. The program runs quickly. It seems solid as a rock. Changing the appearance and settings was easy.

Moving on to features, every one of VMC's many many features is designed exceptionally well. The features are where I expect them to be, they are easy to use, attractive, uncluttered, and powerful.

For my business, the two best features are:

Details pane. This pane is GREAT. It includes the link to the file I need to work on and contains space for lots of notes. The layout of the Details Pane is perfect. Clicking the down arrow lets me move through upcoming Tasks.

The Details Pane can be moved. With the Month displayed, and the tabbed Events/Tasks/Notes/Contacts lists shown at the bottom of the screen below the month, and the Day to the right, I moved the Details Pane to cover the Day section of the screen. I like being able to see the whole month. Then the next level of detail for me is not the Day, but the upcoming Tasks in order with a link to the file.

The Details Panel by itself with its super layout and link to the file is worth every penny of the purchase price. The alarm/reminder function allows me get to the file quickly.

TABBED EVENTS/TASKS/NOTES/CONTACTS. At first when I saw these items across the bottom of the screen at the bottom of the Month-view, I thought I would not like it, but after using it for a little while, it makes good sense and is a good way to separate these items.
OVERALL. I voted for the Interactive Calendar on Windows Desktop, but an almost equal vote could have been cast for the General Look and Feel of the Program. VueMinder Calendar is the best calendar program I have found after an extensive search. I have tried at least 10 calendar programs in the past few years and also use and like Swift To-Do List 7 Pro which has -- as its name implies -- a slightly different emphasis. And for me, Microsoft Outlook 2010 is too cluttered and burdensome. None of the other calendar programs even come close to providing the power and ease of use of VMC.

MY SITUATION. In my business, people seldom come to my office and I leave the office for meetings less than once a week. So, those events/appointments are easy for me to calendar -- and I do not use an electronic calendar for those items. All my work from clients comes by e-mail which results in a saved file and then a project with many more files.

WHY I NEED AN ELECTRONIC CALENDAR. Keeping track of when work needs to be done on a file is the reason for wanting a great calendaring program.

I wanted a link to a file on an alarmed calendar TASK. I wanted that calendar to display other Public and Subscribed Calendars. I have included this information so people who may be looking for the same things I have been looking for in a calendar will give VMV a try. Of course, everyone is different and personal preferences drive what we think is best. People who want to be reminded of a file will each want what works best for them.

VMC is so flexible and well designed, a far greater number of people will love it for different reasons. They will need just the opposite of what I want, but still consider VMC the best calendar available.

That's my vue on VueMinder. :P

John
Tampa, Florida
Via Cassian

Postby mrbeanpa » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:08 am

Shame I can't select more than one option!

I've been using VMC now for about 6 months having serached high and low for a well priced calendar that did what I wanted it to do, primarily allow a calendar to be easily shared between multiple users on multiple machines. Having discovered VMC my expectations have been hugely exceeded!

I've used the support a couple of times, as it turned out it was a bug on both occasions, but the support offered more than matched the expectation for the price paid for the tool! I do tech support in teh comapny I work for and we aim to provide a very high level of service, VMC support more than matches the level of support we aim to provide to our customers.

It's quite refreshing to find such a good product and such good support all in the same place and I have no idea why I suffered the vagaries of Outlook for so long!
mrbeanpa

Postby VMUser » Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:28 pm

That's what I like most about VueMinder Calendar:
    1) General look and feel of the program (never found a similar program – and I've tested many)
    2) Calendar sharing over local network or web (very important for me)
    3) Customizable event and calendar appearances (see item 1)
    4) VueSoft's outstanding customer support (yes, Dan's support and his development progress is really outstanding!)
VMUser

Postby Abhi » Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:24 am

It's hard to choose just one feature! In the poll I voted on "General look and feel". However, what I like the most is that VueMinder syncs not only Google events but also tasks with full task-description/task-notes.

There are too many good features to list here. Suffice it to say that VueMinder is in the league of my most loved software. That league consists of other members like Opera browser and Microsoft Office!
Abhi

Next

Return to General Discussion