Is there a English holidays calendar?

This forum is for general discussion about VueSoft or any of its products.

Is there a English holidays calendar?

Postby ptoye » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:15 pm

I'm looking for an up-to-date English calendar. The one on the web site seems to stop at 2011, and we're nearly at the end. Does anyone know where to find one?
Peter
ptoye

Re: Is there a English holidays calendar?

Postby VueSoft » Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:47 pm

Hi Peter, welcome to the forums. I've updated the English holidays calendar. To use the new calendar, delete the old one from your calendar list and then re-add the calendar using the "Add Public Calendars and Holidays" command on the File menu.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Better Software. Better Living.
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby ptoye » Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:34 am

That's very good of you. I hadn't realised that I had to delete the previous calendar before installing the new one.

Two issues, though.

The first is that I have my own category for public holidays ("holidays" for me are my own vacations) - is there any way of doing a blanket re-categorisation?

Secondly, not all the days you put in are English holidays. St. Andrew's day is Scottish (and I don't think that it's a public holiday). And Guy Fawkes and Hallowe'en are certainly not English public holidays - even though children may enjoy the festivities. I've not gone through it with a toothcomb - these are just the ones I spotted this month. Sorry to sound critical, but we really need to get the details right. If you like I'll cast a more critical eye over it.
Peter
ptoye

Postby VueSoft » Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:21 am

Hi Peter, thank you for the feedback. To re-categorize an entire calendar, right-click its name in the calendar list and select a category from the "Categorize Calendar" sub-menu.

I've searched for a calendar that only lists official public holidays in England, but haven't had any luck finding one. If you'd like to help, you could delete the extraneous events and then export to an ICS file using the "Export Events" command on the File menu. Send this ics file to support@vueminder.com. I'll then upload it to my server and will fix the "Add Public Calendars and Holidays" window to use the edited calendar. I can also give you credit, if you'd like.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby ptoye » Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:36 am

Thanks - I've found one on a UK government site and will do it over the next few days - busy right now.

By the way, although I'm sure I ticked the "Notify me when a reply is posted" I didn't get an email. Odd. I got one for your first reply. though. Odder.
Peter
ptoye

Postby VueSoft » Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:23 pm

On the File menu, click "Add Public Calendars and Holidays". Expand the Holidays category and then add any of the following calendars:
  • England Bank Holidays
  • England Holidays
  • UK Holidays

Does that help?
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby dkon1000 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:47 pm

There is a large database of public ics calendars at - http://icalshare.com/

Perhaps you can find what you are looking for there
dkon1000

Return to General Discussion