User Manual? Admin Manual?

This forum is for general discussion about VueSoft or any of its products.

User Manual? Admin Manual?

Postby sboyd » Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:06 pm

IS there a User Manual or Admin manual available for download so that I can see what is entailed in setting up this product? We are an office of 35, Outlook 2010, and looking for a replacement for Public ShareFolder, an abandoned piece of shareware that we use to share calendars and contacts without an exchange server. Essentially, one computer is set up as the server, and the rest can see and use certain calendars and distribution lists based on permissions set at the server. Is that how this product is set up?
sboyd

Re: User Manual? Admin Manual?

Postby VueSoft » Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:35 pm

Hi sboyd, welcome to the forums. VueMinder can be configured to share data between multiple computers without requiring Exchange, similar to the software you were using previously. Basically, you'd install MySQL Server on one computer and configure each VueMinder installation to connect to the server for syncing data. Permissions can be assigned to specific users when sharing a calendar, in case you only want some people to be able to view and/or modify a shared calendar. Detailed instructions can be found here:
http://www.vueminder.com

There's also a comprehensive user manual for all the other features provided in VueMinder. You can find the documentation here:
http://www.vueminder.com/products/vuemi ... fault.html

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby sboyd » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:13 am

Thanks. So, I'd need a license for each user, plus one for the centralized computer where the shared files will reside, correct? Can the MySQL server computer be a cloud computer, as opposed to being on the office subnet? We are one office with a few mobile/remote users. Does the site license cover all employees, even those that work from home? Or is it limited to the site, physically?

Thanks in advance, the more I look, the more questions I seem to have. I'll be setting up a small lab to test and see if this product will work for us.
sboyd

Postby VueSoft » Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:34 pm

Hi sboyd, if you purchase individual licenses, you'd need a license for each person using the software. If someone is using VueMinder on your centralized computer, a license would be needed there as well.

Since it sounds like you might have up to 35 users, there's a site license option which can cover all the users in your office and is more affordable than purchasing individual user licenses (and easier to manage, since it's not tied to individual user accounts). If some users work from home or remotely, they could still use the site license as long as they are able to connect to your network.

You can find more information about the site licensing options here:
http://www.vueminder.com/Buy.aspx

MySQL Server can run on a cloud computer, web server, etc. It's not limited to a local network. VueMinder will be able to connect long as you have an static IP address for the server or a resolved DNS name, and the server is configured to allow TCP traffic on port 3306.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Return to General Discussion