Licensing Questions

This forum is for general discussion about VueSoft or any of its products.

Licensing Questions

Postby Joerg » Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:50 am

Hi Dan,

Some further pre-purchasing questions.

You are offering an Ultimate Site Version for $799+. What does the "+" means? We are about 13 users here. The site version would save money for us.

How many licences do we need, when a user would like to access to its calendar in the office and later also at home (from another computer). In such case (without syncing over Google or MS Exchange) the user would logging-in via VPN to the company network. After obtaining a privat IP from Company LAN, VueMinder at home would get access to the MySQL server within company LAN for syncing.

Now a provocative question. ;-)
In your FAQs you wrote: "VueMinder Pro and Ultimate are licensed per individual user. A single user license can be installed on any number of computers where you (or a family member living in the same residence) will be the only user. Other users will need their own licenses. ..."

What happens if we would purchase only one licence, install it on 13+ computers and create only one shared calendar, called e.g. "Company". Every user is simultaneously using the same shared main calendar "Company" on its single computer.
Further, when needed, every single user is able to creates it's own "sub-calendar" below the main "Company" calendar. I mean I could create as much own sub-calendars as I want (which one licence) which could also be shared.

Do you intent to integrate the CalDAV and CardDAV protocol in future for getting access to the Calendars by mobile devices, maybe over a server daemon which holds permanent access to the MySQL database. We do not have a MS Exchange server in place and wouldn't like to share our data with Google.

Greetings
Joerg
Joerg

Re: Licensing Questions

Postby VueSoft » Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:28 pm

You are offering an Ultimate Site Version for $799+. What does the "+" means? We are about 13 users here. The site version would save money for us.

The + means the price starts at $799 and goes up from there, depending on the maximum number of users and whether you select the lifetime update & support option. You can find the complete pricing on the page linked below:
http://sites.fastspring.com/vuesoft/pro ... timatesite

How many licences do we need, when a user would like to access to its calendar in the office and later also at home (from another computer).

As long as the user is able to access the work network where the site license file is stored, then they'd be covered under your site license. This is regardless of how many computers the person uses. The site license maximum user count is based on the number of bodies, not the number of computers.

What happens if we would purchase only one licence, install it on 13+ computers and create only one shared calendar, called e.g. "Company". Every user is simultaneously using the same shared main calendar "Company" on its single computer.

If you purchase a single user license (not a Site license), but 13 people are using the same single-user license, then it would be a violation of the licensing terms. It doesn't matter how the software is used. The 13 people could all be sharing the same calendar, but sharing calendar data isn't the same thing as sharing a license. Please don't do that.

Do you intent to integrate the CalDAV and CardDAV protocol in future

Yes, CalDAV and CardDAV support are on the future roadmap, but I can't provide details about when these will be completed.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Better Software. Better Living.
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Licensing Questions

Postby Joerg » Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:43 am

Hi Dan,

Thanks for your detailed answers and don't be afraid about my question #3. For the moment I only have to discover all legal licencing opportunities prior I go to my CEO for introducing him your product.

Cheers
Joerg
Joerg

Return to General Discussion