How to create a query from current date to and a year ago?

This forum is for general discussion about VueSoft or any of its products.

How to create a query from current date to and a year ago?

Postby kokilasoral » Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:23 am

I want a query where I need to take all results where the date is between current and a year ago. So if the query is track tomorrow, the results are successful to be a little bit unlike than they were if it was run today. If I run this today, it would essentially be like saying "where the date is between 6/1/2014 and 6/6/2016." Tomorrow, between 6/2/2014 and 6/7/2016, and so on.
I could setup it just the similar as a regular WHERE clause concerning dates. Code is
WHERE CreateDate BETWEEN (DATEADDS(Year,-1,GETDATE()) AND (GetDATE())
First, I'm not sure if the DATEADDS() part is what I should use -- I just tried it depends on what I was read on another forum. I've got a red wavy telling me I've got a syntax fault near AND.
Can anyone solve my issue?
kokilasoral

Re: How to create a query from current date to and a year ag

Postby VueSoft » Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:10 pm

Hi kokilasoral, welcome to the forums. Is your question related to VueMinder, or SQL syntax in general? VueMinder doesn't provide an interface for direct SQL queries.

Also, SQL syntax can vary depending on the database system you're using. Here's my best guess...

Code: Select all
SELECT * FROM MyTable WHERE CreateDate BETWEEN CURDATE() - INTERVAL 1 YEAR AND CURDATE()
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Better Software. Better Living.
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: How to create a query from current date to and a year ag

Postby MarryJain » Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:14 am

Try the below option, it may help you to find the answer.
CONCAT(<enter date i.e. yyyymm>, '01') AS Date_SK

Answer resource: a training on the concepts of SQL from a well experienced trainer from intellipaat made me to find answers to the particular question.
MarryJain

Return to General Discussion