Android Tablets? Google TV?

This forum is for general discussion about VueSoft or any of its products.

Android Tablets? Google TV?

Postby Karen » Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:02 pm

Hello Dan and everyone,

Will the portable version work on devices (such as Android Tablets) without Windows? If not, will you be creating a version for those devices in the future?

Will we be able to access our VueMinder Calendar Pro via Google TV from our home networks?

Thank You.
Karen

Re: Android Tablets? Google TV?

Postby VueSoft » Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:51 pm

Hi Karen, the portable version still requires Windows. It can run from a USB stick or other portable memory, but a Windows computer is still needed since the Portable version is a Windows executable.

I do have plans for creating native apps on other platforms, but this was the first step in allowing more portability, so to speak.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Better Software. Better Living.
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby Karen » Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:15 pm

Hi Dan,

I look forward to the future where I can use my VueMinder Calendar Pro on a tiny tablet and my giant flat screen TV.

Keep up the good work! :D
Karen

Postby Sunjhi » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:26 pm

Not to apply any pressure :) Most of us tend to use more than one operating system. Well, at least most of the people I know.

I personally use Windows 7, Android Honeycomb 3.2, IOS 5 and Ubuntu 11.xx everyday for business. I may no have any particular device with me, so I try to keep the events on everything synced.

It would be very, very nice to use the calendar program on all these platforms without having to use Google or importing/exporting all the time. It gets time consuming to do that when you need all these different operating systems for work.

I don't like the Google way of sharing as I tend to get multiple instances of the same event and have actually had my events deleted mysteriously. I'd rather share a common file location and have all systems update real time or scheduled for short intervals.

Any ETA on at least the Android app?

Thanks~!
Sunjhi

Postby VueSoft » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:49 am

Hi Sunjhi, I don't have an ETA yet for an Android app. This is definitely on my wish-list of things I'd like to develop. It's just a matter of finding enough time, since I'm pretty busy with adding improvements to VueMinder. Hopefully things will settle down a bit next year, so I'll have some time to work on an Android app.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby fredd » Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:56 pm

Dan - I'd like to echo the great job you are doing with your calendering software. To enhance that echo, I'm hoping you'll make developing an APP for the droid phone a high priority. For our business, syncing with our desktops and laptops while away from them would be a huge benefit. The syncing function really hit home when we started using the Evernote APP. Being able to make or check appointments on our cell phone during a meeting or conversation, certainly would improve our efficiency. And, it seems to me, folks might ask how we did that and we'd say using VueMinder, of course. Good marketing strategy for you, I'd think. No pressure, Dan. :lol:
fredd

Postby VueSoft » Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:09 am

The Android version will run on Google TV, but the development effort is currently focused on the next major release for Windows. An Android version is planned, but on hold until the major release is completed.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby BeeTeeEmm » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:06 pm

Please add me as another who would dearly love to see an android app for the VueMinder. I use the Pro version, and sometimes call it my 'brain,' as I fully rely on it to keep me where I am supposed to be, doing what I am supposed to be doing. Unfortunately, I find that syncing through Google calendar is less than optimum, so when away from the home computer, I have less information about previous commitments and open time slots. Please, please, please make all VueMinder android fans happy soon! We already sing its praises, and will do so much more loudly with android compatibility.
BeeTeeEmm

Postby VueSoft » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:42 pm

Hi BeeTeeEmm, welcome to the forums and thank you for the feedback.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Return to General Discussion