Vueminder won't run

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.

Vueminder won't run

Postby betsymil » Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:56 pm

I have installed Vueminder on my computer running Vista. Every time I boot the computer, I get a message that Vueminder has stopped running.

Description:
Stopped working

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: VueMinder.exe
Application Version: 4.4.1.1
Application Timestamp: 4a401c1f
Fault Module Name: KERNEL32.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.0.6000.16820
Fault Module Timestamp: 49952034
Exception Code: e0434f4d
Exception Offset: 0001b09e
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Any suggestions?
Betsy
betsymil

Re: Vueminder won't run

Postby VueSoft » Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:56 pm

Hi Betsy,

I'm not sure what exactly is causing this, since I've never seen this happen and this is the first report I've heard of the problem. The first thing to try would be to uninstall and then reinstall the program. If you downloaded from a different site, I'd recommend downloading directly from our website (click here) to make sure you're getting a correct installer.

If that doesn't fix it, check that you have Vista Service Pack 1 installed, and the latest version of Windows Media Player. You might also want to try updating your drivers.

When you attempt to start VueMinder from the Start menu, do you see the same error that happens when Windows starts? Does the splash screen appear at all, or does the error happen immediately? If the splash screen does appear, what is the last status text you see before the error happens?

Also, do you have Microsoft Office installed, and if so, which version?
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Better Software. Better Living.
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby betsymil » Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:52 pm

The first thing to try would be to uninstall and then reinstall the program. If you downloaded from a different site, I'd recommend downloading directly from our website (click here) to make sure you're getting a correct installer.
*Reinstalling as soon as I post this.

If that doesn't fix it, check that you have Vista Service Pack 1 installed, and the latest version of Windows Media Player. You might also want to try updating your drivers.

*When you attempt to start VueMinder from the Start menu, do you see the same error that happens when Windows starts?
Yes

*Does the splash screen appear at all, or does the error happen immediately?
Error is immediate, no splash screen at all. It did run one time right after it was installed.

*Also, do yo have Microsoft Office installed, and if so, which version?
Office 2003
betsymil

Postby VueSoft » Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:31 pm

Hi Betsy,

Did re-installing fix the problem? Also, version 5.0.0 has just been released. Could you try installing the latest and let me know if it fixes the problem? Thanks!
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Better Software. Better Living.
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Return to Technical Support