Icalendar importing

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.

Icalendar importing

Postby gjbth » Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:30 am

Hello, I have just purchased VueMinder.
I have been a user of Calendarscope for many years, however the development of Calendarscope has been very limited for a good while now, which is a pity as it was a simple but very stable product, however its time to move on and Vueminder seems to be the future for me, it has far more features and development seems to move at a fair pace, judging by the frequency of releases.

I am therefore trying to import all of my Calendarscope entries into VueMinder, without success, I export everything to an Ical file from Calendarscope but Vueminder does not import anything, the calendar remains empty. I have tried the Ical file with other calendar software such as Outlook and Rainlendar and everything imports fine. Any ideas what could be going wrong.

Best Regards

G Booth
gjbth

Re: Icalendar importing

Postby VueSoft » Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:23 pm

I believe I've found a bug where events won't import at all if the option to not import events older than a certain number of days has been unchecked on the Import window.

This has been corrected for the next release, which should be coming out within the next week or two. The next release will also contain a number of other corrections and improvements, some of which are still in work.

In the meantime, try leaving the option to not import old events checked, but adjust the number of days to something large enough so all the events you want imported are included.

If this doesn't seem to have any effect on the problem you're seeing with events not importing, please let me know.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby gjbth » Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:07 am

:D Just checked and you are right. I have imported all my events OK using the method you suggested.

Best Regards

Gerard Booth
gjbth

Postby VueSoft » Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:49 pm

This workaround will no longer be necessary in version 5.0.0, which was released today. Also, the checkbox to exclude events will now initialize to being unchecked, since it's something that's easy to overlook and someone might wonder why all their old events aren't importing.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby gjbth » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:45 am

Yep, this works fine now, I am amazed at the level and speed of support you offer.
I have just installed version 5 and it's superb. Makes my previous calendar app look prehistoric. This must now be the best Calendar app available bar none.

Best Regards

gjbth
gjbth

Postby VueSoft » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:13 pm

Thank you for the compliment, it feels good to be appreciated! :D
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Return to Technical Support