Antialiasing?

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.

Antialiasing?

Postby username » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:50 pm

I am noticing when I minimize VueMinder and refresh it, I get some anti-aliasing artifacts on my fonts, making the screen hard to read. Any idea what I can adjust to mitigate this unwanted behavior on my fonts?
username

Re: Antialiasing?

Postby VueSoft » Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:07 pm

I haven't seen this happen, but it sounds like it could be a video driver issue. Have you installed the latest driver for your video card? Also, which version of Windows are you using, and do you have the latest service packs installed?

If updating drivers or service packs doesn't help, try going to the Appearance Options and pick a different theme. Some of the themes use different fonts, so it's possible there's some incompatibility with the default theme (which uses the Arial font) that might be solved when using a different theme.

Like I said though, I've never seen this happen, so these are just guesses. Hopefully one of my guesses is correct. If not, let me know and I'll try to think of other possible causes.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Antialiasing?

Postby VueSoft » Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:57 pm

Another user reported this same issue. After doing some more research, I believe I discovered the problem (if you're really curious, it has to do with GDI versus GDI+ rendering).

A correction was made for version 5.0.0, which was released today. I'm pretty sure this is fixed in the new release, but since I was never able to see it on my test computers, I'm not 100% certain. If you still see the problem after updating to the latest, please let me know. Thanks!
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Return to Technical Support