Error Message

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.

Error Message

Postby victorbrown » Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:25 pm

error message is as follows:

VueMinder 3.09.0319
Key not found
Parameter name: key
Infragistics2.Shared.v8.2
at Infragistics.Shared.KeyedSubObjectsCollectionBase.GetItem(String key)
at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinDock.DockAreasCollection.get_Item(String key)
at be.b(Object A_0, EventArgs A_1)

It shows up in a small window, every time I boot my computer. Any thoughts? I close the window and the program seems to run normally.
victorbrown

Re: Error Message

Postby VueSoft » Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:59 pm

When closed, VueMinder saves the window pane sizes, menu settings, toolbar buttons, etc. The next time VueMinder starts, it attempts to load the previous window settings. Based on the error message you're seeing, it appears there is a window setting name (or key) that VueMinder is trying to find in the saved user settings file, but for some reason the key isn't present.

Changes have been made for the next release to prevent this error from being displayed. In the meantime, if you'd like the error message to go away, you can delete the settings file. This will cause the file to be recreated with the correct settings keys the next time VueMinder runs. Be warned, this will also delete all you other options, like email address and cell phone number (basically everything that you can set under the Option menu). It won't affect your license key, calendar data, events, or tasks.

The file will be named "user.config", and located under your application data directory. This is a hidden directory that varies based on which version of Windows you're using. You'll need to enable the display of hidden folders first. Also, make sure VueMinder isn't running. Then, navigate to the following directory, depending on which version of Windows you're using:

XP: "C:\Documents and Settings\YourLoginName\Local Settings\Application Data\VueSoft\"

Vista: "C:\Users\YourLoginName\AppData\Local\VueSoft"

Next, look for a subdirectory matching the version of VueMinder you're using, containing the file named "user.config". Try renaming the file (or deleting it) and see if that fixes the error message.

As mentioned above, corrections have been made for the next release, so if you don't want to loose your settings, the problem will be resolved when you upgrade to the new version. It should be coming out within the next couple of weeks.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby victorbrown » Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:28 pm

I followed your directions twice. After the first time, there was no change. Now after I close the error message box, I cannot open the program.

Victor
victorbrown

Postby victorbrown » Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:51 pm

I have downloaded the latest version (which I was already using) and re installed it using the repair option.
The error continues to show up right after booting the computer.
victorbrown

Postby VueSoft » Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:22 pm

I'm not sure why you'd be getting this error, especially after following the suggested steps. However, changes have been made that should (hopefully) correct the problem you're seeing. These changes are available in a beta version of the next major release. I'll email you the details, if you'd like to try it.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Return to Technical Support