Adding 2 or more lines to an event window area............

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.

Adding 2 or more lines to an event window area............

Postby jrouse17 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:24 pm

Hi. First i would like to say I am off to a great start with this calendar. It is almost doing everything i need or want it to do! :mrgreen: FINALLY i have found a calendar that lets you change the font color for each event.

I have several questions but i will post them seperately.

My first question is there anyway to have 2 or more lines in an event window area so you dont have to hover over the event window to see your intire event description? An example of this is Yahoo's calendar. You can make the description as long as you like and you are still able to view the whole desciption in full view they just make the day window larger to accomodate for more text. Thanks for designing such a great calendar. JoAnn
Last edited by jrouse17 on Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jrouse17

Re: Adding 2 or more lines to an event window area............

Postby VueSoft » Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:57 pm

Unfortunately, event titles won't wrap when their text is too long to fit. Each event will display as one "row" in the Month view, or within the corresponding time slots in the Day and Week views. If you have multiple events in a single day, having each event constrained to one row (even if that chops off some of the title text) allows more space for other events to be displayed.

In addition to changing the font color, you can also change the font size. For events that don't completely fit, it's possible reducing the font size will make them fit. I hope that helps. If you have any other questions, please let us know!
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Adding 2 or more lines to an event window area..........

Postby jnadeaucx » Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:35 am

I am an IT Consultant and am in the process of changing Calendaring Software and evaluating various alternatives.. Earlier versions of "Calendar Creator" provided for Word Wrap of both the Event Description as well as the NOTES associated with the Event. It would automatically adjust the font size of the Event Description so that it would fit in the Month, Week and Day Calendar Formats. It gave the user the option of displaying, or not displaying the word wrapping notes (in a much smaller font size). This feature allows the user to view and print the Events along with its associated notes on all Calendar Formats. This feature is extremely IMPORTANT to me :!: :!:

Thanks and keep up the good work.

Joe
jnadeaucx

Re: Adding 2 or more lines to an event window area..........

Postby VueSoft » Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:44 pm

Hi jnadeaucx. Welcome to the forums and thank you for the feedback. A number of other people have also requested word-wrapping on the Month view (VueMinder does word-wrap in the Day and Week views, if space is available). I have this on my list of improvements to possibly incorporate in the future.

In the meantime, you could manually reduce the font size to allow more text to appear. The Pro version allows this to be done for individual events. There's also a tooltip which appears when hovering the cursor over an event/task/note, which shows the full title and description. For printing, the Pro version has additional layout options, such as the layout styles of "Memo" and "Details", which show the full details.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Return to Technical Support