Frequently Asked Questions

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.

Re: Frequently Asked Questions

Postby steeladept » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:08 am

Hope this is the right place to put it, but please move if appropriate ;)

Under Advanced Use, you have a section entitled How do I share my calendar with other VueMinder users over the web? It talks about using a hosting service to host a shared calendar, but isn't that what the VueMinder Server is for? Can Server be used to share to the internet as well as the LAN?

Let me add that I already read about the Server and know it can, it was more as a suggestion to add to that part of the FAQ, and not a real question to you.
steeladept

Postby VueSoft » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:44 pm

Hi steeladept, thank you for the feedback. Yes, MySQL Server can be used to share calendar data over the web.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Better Software. Better Living.
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby Grammasuz » Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:44 pm

I can't get the US Holidays to print on my calendar
Grammasuz

Postby VueSoft » Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:01 pm

Hi Grammasuz, welcome to the forums. Have you added the US Holidays calendar to VueMinder? If not, use the “Add Public Calendars and Holidays” command on the File menu. Expand the “Holidays” category, select “US Holidays”, and then click the “Add Calendar” button. The holidays will be added to VueMinder and included in your printout.

If you’ve already added the US Holidays calendar but holidays don’t appear, make sure there’s a checkmark next to the US Holidays calendar name. If the calendar is unchecked, its events will be hidden.

If you have many events defined, it’s possible there’s not enough space on the printout for all events to appear. See the “How to Fit More Items on a Page” section in the documentation linked below:
http://www.vueminder.com/products/vuemi ... indow.html

You could also try PrintableCal, which provides an option to dynamically scale the output so all events fit. PrintableCal is an add-in for Word and Excel. It can import events from VueMinder, Google Calendar, Outlook, and many other sources. You can learn more about PrintableCal here:
http://www.printablecal.com/

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Better Software. Better Living.
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Previous

Return to Technical Support