Recent Reminder Window Not showing

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.

Recent Reminder Window Not showing

Postby Dimension » Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:42 pm

Dan, The "Recent Reminder Window" is Not showing under Windows user account works fine as administrator.

Tried complete uninstall reboot then reinstall of Vueminder.

Tried complete uninstall reboot then reinstall after changing user acct to administrator acct.

Tried complete uninstall of net framwork 2.2, 3.0 and 3.5 reboot then reinstall of net framwork 2.2 SP2 only.

Even after user account is Administrator Acct still not working but works fine in original Install Administrator Acct.

All other functions of vueminder seems to be working fine under user acct including publish cal, sms, and e-mail

Thanks for your help.
You have done fantastic work on this program!
Vueminder 7.2.1
Windows XP SP2
Dimension

Re: Recent Reminder Window Not showing

Postby VueSoft » Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:12 pm

Hi Dimension, welcome to the forums and thank you for letting me know about the problem. Have you noticed any other windows not appearing, or it it only the Recent Reminders window? Do you get any type of error message, or does it simply not appear?

I've tried replicating this on a Windows XP SP2 machine, but I'm not seeing the same problem. The Recent Reminders window shouldn't care whether you have admin rights, since VueMinder doesn't need to run with elevated permissions. My only guess is that maybe there's something messed up with the menu file on the user profile that doesn't have admin rights (or didn't originally).

Please try this:
1. Under the profile having the problem, go to the Program Options window and make a note of the private data folder's location.
2. Exit VueMinder by right-clicking its task tray icon and selecting 'Exit'.
3. Use Windows Explorer to browse to the private data folder.
4. The folder should contain a file named "ToolbarsUser.xml". Delete this file.
5. Restart VueMinder and then try the Recent Reminders command. Does this window appear now?

I hope that fixes it. Please let me know if it doesn't.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby Dimension » Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:59 pm

Only the Recent Reminders window is not showing.

Tried from both tools menu and Ctrl+R .

No error or message, just does not appear.

Tried your suggestions, did not fix problem.

Is there any advantage of having a newer version of net framwork (3.0 or 3.5) for Vueminder?

I wonder why a uninstall and reinstall of both net framework and vueminder (user acct changed to administrator) would not fix problem?

Thanks for your help.
Dimension

Postby Dimension » Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:55 pm

Update:
Just tried running VueMinder for first time in a 3rd user account everything works as it should.

What would make the "Recent Reminder Window" not show in only one user account?

Both user accounts are "PowerUser" accounts, one works one doesn't.

Administrator account works as it should also.

Thanks
Dimension

Postby VueSoft » Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:07 pm

I'm still not sure it has anything to do with the user accounts. It could be something about the calendar data under the account that is having the problem. Uninstalling/resinstalling won't touch the user data, so that might be why you're not seeing any difference. Maybe there's something about the recently processed reminders that could be causing the window to not appear (which would be a bug I haven't seen before). If there's no personal/private date in the calendar data, could you zip up the contents of the data folder and email it to support@vueminder.com? I can then check if it has anything to do with the actual data.

Or, if you'd prefer, I can send you a link to the latest beta for the next version (7.3.0). The beta will spit out any error conditions it encounters (like the Recent Reminders window not appearing), which might give me a better idea of what is causing the problem.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby Dimension » Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:23 pm

Please send me a link to the latest beta for the next version (7.3.0).

I'll try that next.

Thanks
Dimension

Postby VueSoft » Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:43 pm

I've sent you an email containing the link to the beta. Please let me know what you find.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Return to Technical Support