issue since 7.20 installation.

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.

issue since 7.20 installation.

Postby ipbr21054 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:51 pm

1,I have all ready mentioned about the automatic calender start up in the other post.
2,Once downloaded & installed you wait for the first initial startup procedure where the progress bar goes from left to right & i think was orange.
When i switched on the pc later on i could not get the calander to work with the hot keys,looking at my setting the original selected hjot keys were not shown & i had to select them again.
I looked at the icons by the task bar clock and no calander iconis shown.
I had to then go to the programme file in the c drive etc and run the exe file of which run the same initial startup procedure again as mentioned before ?
3,I have also noticed that when i set a reminder in the form of a "show a pop up reminder" and with a tick in "allways on top" when the reminder is shown at the time selected it is not on top of the other programmes that are currently shown on my screen but a icon at the bottom of the screen with a picture of a clock followed by the digit 1 is shown.
4,Also may as well mention this,yesterday the programme did not inform me that a new update was available even though a tick was shown the in the box.
Every now and then i manualy click check for updates on my programmes that i use and this software informed me that 7.20 was available,this was only because i did it manualy otherwise i would not of known about 7.20.
ipbr21054

Re: issue since 7.20 installation.

Postby VueSoft » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:56 pm

1,I have all ready mentioned about the automatic calender start up in the other post.

This has been fixed in 7.2.1.

2,Once downloaded & installed you wait for the first initial startup procedure where the progress bar goes from left to right & i think was orange.
When i switched on the pc later on i could not get the calander to work with the hot keys,looking at my setting the original selected hjot keys were not shown & i had to select them again.
I looked at the icons by the task bar clock and no calander iconis shown.

I'm not sure what happened, but when an update is installed, the program will exit so the update can be applied. After the update finishes, you'll need to manually start the program via the desktop shortcut or Start menu. Maybe this explains what you were seeing, if you didn't restart the program after the update finished.

3,I have also noticed that when i set a reminder in the form of a "show a pop up reminder" and with a tick in "allways on top" when the reminder is shown at the time selected it is not on top of the other programmes that are currently shown on my screen but a icon at the bottom of the screen with a picture of a clock followed by the digit 1 is shown.

Hmmm, this is odd. Does it work when the window is set to not display on top? If so, what happens when you click the "Always on top" box at the bottom of the popup reminder window? Does it immediately disappear from the display? I have no idea what would cause that...

4,Also may as well mention this,yesterday the programme did not inform me that a new update was available even though a tick was shown the in the box.
Every now and then i manualy click check for updates on my programmes that i use and this software informed me that 7.20 was available,this was only because i did it manualy otherwise i would not of known about 7.20.

What setting do you have following the "Automatically check for program updates" box in the Program Options window? Is it set to check when VueMinder starts, or something else like "Monthly"? I just tested the setting to check when VueMinder starts, and it appeared to work correctly.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby ipbr21054 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:59 am

Hello,
I have selected check at windows start up for new updates.
Today it worked fine and told me 7.21 is now available.

The pop up reminmder still does not show ontop of all other screens.
You mention does it work when the window is set to not display on top where do i change this option.
ipbr21054

Postby VueSoft » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:20 pm

The "Always on top" setting is at the bottom left-corner of the popup reminder window, circled in the screenshot below. It's also in the Reminder Options window, accessed using the Options -> Reminders menu command.

Please let me know if toggling this checkbox makes any difference. It seems to be working correctly for me.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby ipbr21054 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:44 am

Ok i have carried out another test of which reminds me at the time selected.
It still does not come to the front of my screen but just shows a clock symboil at the bottom of the screen reading 1 reminder.
I have removed the tick from allways on top but did not go away like you asked me before.
By leaving out this tick and setting another test i get the same result.

Overall i receive the reminder BUT it does not come to the screen to advise me but sit behind other screens.

Attached photo is what i see when the reminder is shown.

ipbr21054

Postby ipbr21054 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:07 am

Hi,
After removing the tick from the always ontop box then putting the tick back in and running a test say 5 times it has now decided to work.

Each time now the reminder workd ok and with the remember last location selected it works ok but is this now stable for me to rely on ?
ipbr21054

Postby VueSoft » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:17 pm

I'm not sure what was causing the behavior you were seeing before. By default, the popup reminder window is supposed to save its location on the screen and then redisplay at the previous location the next time it appears. My guess is the window somehow became confused as was positioning itself off the monitor, where you couldn't see it. I'll add some safeguards in the next release to prevent this.

In the meantime, try changing the Reminder Option for the window docking. Instead of "Remember previous location", try setting it to dock on one of the corners of your monitor. If my hunch is correct, this should prevent the behavior you were seeing from possibly returning. You might also try the desktop alert reminder type, and see if you like that better.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby ipbr21054 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:44 pm

The pop up reminder has been ok now for a couple of days so what ever it was looks like it has gone.
BUT,today i resized the details box which shows the description of a event on the left hand side and now when i restart the pc the size of the details box is shown on the desktop as a white vertical oblong box exactly where it would be if the calander was active then say 2 seconds it has gone.
There is definately something going on here. :(
ipbr21054

Postby VueSoft » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:16 pm

I'm not sure, but it sounds like it might be a video card driver problem. Have you installed the latest drivers for your video card?

If you're using the latest drivers but still seeing this video glitch, then maybe uninstalling VueMinder (via the Windows Control Panel) and reinstalling will clear it up. Note, uninstalling won't affect your data, but you might want to perform a backup first (File menu -> Backup) prior to reinstalling the software, just in case.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Return to Technical Support