Reminders not showing

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.

Reminders not showing

Postby mbannon » Sat May 15, 2010 1:48 pm

Hi Dan - Since the last two updates I have had a problem with reminders showing. Previously, I could put some recurring events in a calendar then uncheck that calendar in "Calendar View". The events would not show up on the main window but the reminders would still pop up. I have several daily and weekly recurring events that I do not want to see cluttering up the main window but I still want to see the pop-ups. Since the last couple of updates this function seems to be lost and the reminders will not appear unless that calendar is checked in "Calendar View". Is the program supposed to do that or could it be a bug? Thanks.
mbannon

Re: Reminders not showing

Postby VueSoft » Sat May 15, 2010 3:12 pm

Hi mbannon, thanks for letting me know about the problem. I'm not sure why you're seeing this. I just tested this again, to make sure none of the recent changes broke it, and I'm getting popup reminders and desktop alerts to correctly appear for events that have their calendars unchecked. I tried both recurring and non-recurring events, and as far as I can tell, the software is working correctly and showing reminders regardless of whether the events are hidden.

Could you unhide your events and hover the mouse over an event? What does the reminder status in the tooltip say? Does it indicate a reminder will be shown? There are a few things that can prevent reminders from appearing: If the event is marked completed, if the calendar is shared and the reminder is setup to not be shown to the event creator, or if the reminder has been dismissed previously. Do any of these conditions apply in your case?

Could you try creating a new recurring event with a reminder, uncheck its calendar, and then see if the reminder appears? Maybe there's something about your existing event that is causing this. If all else fails, uninstalling and then reinstalling might fix it.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby VueSoft » Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:08 pm

Version 7.2.0 has been released. It fixes several bugs related to the display of popup reminders and desktop alerts. I believe this version will correct the problems you've been seeing, but please let me know if it doesn't.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby mbannon » Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:22 pm

Thanks Dan. It's still bugging me so I will give the new version a try.
mbannon

Postby mbannon » Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:09 pm

Hi Dan - I installed 7.2.0 but pop-ups from hidden calendars are still not activating. They work fine if the calendar is showing. Mike
mbannon

Postby VueSoft » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:13 pm

I believe I've found the culprit. A new minor release is in work, and should be available later tonight or tomorrow.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby VueSoft » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:38 pm

Version 7.2.1 is now available. I was never able to duplicate the problem, but I believe (hope!) the updated code will fix the behavior you're seeing. Please let me know what you find.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby mbannon » Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:01 pm

It seems to be working on a test, Dan. Good job in tracking it down! I have 3 reminders from a hidden calendar coming up in the morning. Will post final results then. Thanks. Mike
mbannon

Postby mbannon » Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:15 pm

Everything seems to be working well now, Dan. Sorry for taking so long to close this off. Thanks for finding the problem.
mbannon

Return to Technical Support