VueMinder Calendar Error

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.

VueMinder Calendar Error

Postby guernseycows » Wed May 12, 2010 4:54 pm

I am trying out VueMinder Calendar Pro trial version. I created some calendars and added some events and tasks. Somewhere along the line I managed to create two tasks (now in the past) which I cannot get rid of. When I click on the task in the calendar, I get a box "VueMinder Calendar Error" , "Sorry, VueMinder Calendar has encountered an unexpected error" and in the text box area:
Unable to cast object of type
'Vuesoft.Applications.Vueminder.Data.SerializableEventData' to type
'Vuesoft.Applications.Vueminder.Task'.

I have attached a jpg with the detailed error message.

Strangely, these tasks do not seem to be in any calendar - I de-select all my calendars and the tasks still appear.

Any help would be much appreciated! Seems to be a great program but this problem in the first hour or two of use is a concern!

Thanks.
Attachments
VueMinder Error.jpg
VueMinder Error.jpg (33.35 KiB) Viewed 3947 times
guernseycows

Re: VueMinder Calendar Error

Postby VueSoft » Wed May 12, 2010 5:47 pm

Hi guernseycows, welcome to the forums. The problem you're seeing is a known bug that has been fixed for the next version (7.1.0). The next version will be officially released in a couple days. You can download the current release-candidate here:
http://www.vueminder.com/download/VueMinder_Pro_Setup_7.1.0_BETA3.exe

Before installing this version, please first ensure VueMinder isn't running by right-clicking the task-tray icon and selecting 'Exit'. The installer will update your current version to 7.1.0. When 7.1.0 is officially released, the program should inform you, as long as automatic update checking hasn't been disabled in the Program Options window.

Version 7.1.0 has a number of other improvements as well. The most notable improvement is the ability to undo/redo changes. Almost any change can be undone, and there's no limit to the number of items on the undo stack (unlike Outlook, which has a limit of 1). You can even undo the dismissing or snoozing of reminders.

Thanks for trying VueMinder Calendar Pro, and please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby guernseycows » Wed May 12, 2010 6:46 pm

Thanks for the fast reply! I'll wait for the official 7.1.0 and try that.
guernseycows

Postby VueSoft » Fri May 14, 2010 5:10 pm

Version 7.1.0 has been officially released. To update, select the 'Check for Updates' command from the Help menu.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Return to Technical Support