Syncing to Outlook query

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.

Syncing to Outlook query

Postby Jaffacaique » Mon May 10, 2010 11:19 am

Hi Dan

I've created a calendar of my work shifts on Vueminder Pro 7.02 and syncronized it successfully with Outlook. When it was created on Vueminder I used the re-occuring function to repeat the same entry for each day of the week day... i.e. Monday to Friday 9.00am - 2.00pm which again has worked okay.

The problem I have is if my time changes for any of the days of the week and I delete the entry in Vueminder and replace this for a new time, when I then sync this change to Outlook it still shows the original entry ... 9.00am - 2.00pm even though in Vueminder it has been deleted and then directly below the original deleted entry Outlook shows the new time. Is this normal or am I missing the something obvious?
Jaffacaique

Re: Syncing to Outlook query

Postby VueSoft » Mon May 10, 2010 5:20 pm

I think the problem is you're actually deleting an occurrence of the recurring series in VueMinder, rather than updating the occurrence to have the new time. Please try opening the occurrence in the Event Editor and adjust its time. The time adjustment will only apply to the one occurrence, which sounds like what you were attempting to do by deleting the occurrence and replacing it with a new event at a different time.

By modifying the occurrence, rather than deleting it, you should prevent VueMinder and Outlook from getting confused when syncing.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Return to Technical Support