BUG REPORT - SERIOUS - DATA LOSS

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.

BUG REPORT - SERIOUS - DATA LOSS

Postby pimuser » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:37 am

VueMinder Ultimate USB v2018.01

steps to replicate

1) New Note
2) Insert Line
3) enter text "hello world"
4) Insert Line
5) Save and Close
6) open Note, lines and text GONE!

Although the bug as described here refers to a very specific scenario, I have experienced DATA LOSS and DATA CORRUPTION in Tasks also on multiple occasions. Unfortunately, I have been unable to replicate or succinctly document these occurrences. I've only been using the software for a few months and already have LOST CRITICAL DATA several times. Restoring from backups does not help, the data is missing or corrupt there also. I use VueMinder in a business environment where loss of data is unacceptable. I hope needless to say, I am disappointed and my confidence in the software is shaken.

As it may help you diagnosing the broader issue, it should be said that I tend to use the formatting tools (Indents, Lines, Tables) extensively. I suspect herein lies the problems.
pimuser

Re: BUG REPORT - SERIOUS - DATA LOSS

Postby VueSoft » Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:42 pm

Hi pimuser, thank you for the feedback. I apologize for your data loss. I've attempted to replicate the problem using the steps you provided, but I haven't been able to get it to happen yet. I'll investigate further.

In the meantime, if you believe the problem might be related to the text formatting, I suggest using the "Plain text" tab instead of the formatted text tab when entering data. You can get to the plain text tab by clicking the "</>" button near the bottom of the Description tab.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Return to Technical Support