How Can I Stop (All/Most) Reminders?

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.

How Can I Stop (All/Most) Reminders?

Postby A Room with a Vue » Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:13 pm

1) Is there a way to stop all reminders from popping up? Most of my VM calendars are subscriptions to external calendars that other people are entering the events for their own use, so I don't need (or want) to be reminded about them in VM (even if the person creating the event in the online calendar asks for a reminder).

2) In the (very rare) circumstance that I would like to be reminded of something, it would be for a local VM entry, so ideally, I'd like to be able to be reminded about only those events, so if it's possible to turn off all reminders except those from a local VM calendar, that would be great. But if I had to choose between all or none, I'd prefer none.
============================================================
CURRENT CONFIG: VueMinder Ultimate USB 2018.02, Windows 7 Pro / 64
A Room with a Vue = ARWAV (easier to type :!:)
A Room with a Vue

Re: How Can I Stop (All/Most) Reminders?

Postby VueSoft » Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:10 pm

How are you syncing with the external calendars? If they are subscriptions, you could delete the calendars and re-add them without the reminders. To delete a calendar, right-click the calendar's name and select "Delete Calendar". To re-add the subscription, click "File -> Add Calendar -> Add Calendar Subscription". Enter the URL and uncheck the box labeled "Include reminders and extended data, if present".

There's no mechanism to disable reminders in some calendars but not others. If you'd like to disable all reminders, click the "View -> Do Not Disturb" menu command. See the page linked below for more details:
http://www.vueminder.com/blog/post/what ... -reminders
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby A Room with a Vue » Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:31 pm

Thanks, "Do Not Disturb" will do for now. My external calendars are all subscriptions, so I may implement the calendar-specific disabling later on when I switch from Yahoo to Outlook. Except for the alarm issues, the calendar subscriptions are working well. I don't want to risk changing things solely for this minor reason ("if it ain't broke...").

I'll also want to see what the "extended data" includes (especially when subscribing to Outlook calendars), since that may contain useful information for event management. If it's useful to me, I may continue to import reminders and just leave "Do Not Disturb" enabled.

Thanks again!
CURRENT CONFIG: VueMinder Ultimate USB 2018.02, Windows 7 Pro / 64
A Room with a Vue = ARWAV (easier to type :!:)
A Room with a Vue

Postby VueSoft » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:09 pm

The "extended data" is only data added by VueMinder. If the external calendar isn't generated by VueMinder, then the only thing not included in the subscription would be the reminders.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Return to Technical Support