Minor Bug for Events > 24 hours, but < 25 hours

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.

Minor Bug for Events > 24 hours, but < 25 hours

Postby A Room with a Vue » Sat May 26, 2018 7:42 pm

If you choose to make an event longer than 24 hours by 1 minute up to 59 minutes, the end time in the event editing box still shows the end time as 24 hours later (as does the title bar for that event box). Yet when you save it, the calendar shows the correct end time. In fact, you can "predict" this will happen, because until you change the end time to at least 25 hours later, the event length box stays at "1 day". From 25 hours on, it seems to behave correctly.

So for example, create an event with a start time of 6:00 AM today, and an end time of 6:30 AM tomorrow. It looks fine in the calendar, but when you open the event, the end time shows tomorrow at 6:00 AM.
============================================================
CURRENT CONFIG: VueMinder Ultimate USB 2018.02, Windows 7 Pro / 64
A Room with a Vue = ARWAV (easier to type :!:)
A Room with a Vue

Re: Minor Bug for Events > 24 hours, but < 25 hours

Postby VueSoft » Mon May 28, 2018 11:19 pm

Thank you for letting me know about the problem. I'll fix this in the next release.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby VueSoft » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:49 pm

This has been corrected in version 2018.02. To update, click the "Help -> Check for Updates" menu command.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby A Room with a Vue » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:04 am

Better, but in the event editing box it still displays as "1 day" (with and end time of XX:00) if the end time is <5 minutes greater than one day. So using the example from my previous post. If I create an event with a start time of 6:00 AM today, and an end time of 6:04 AM tomorrow. It looks fine in the calendar, but when you open the event, the end time shows tomorrow at 6:00 AM.

Definitely an improvement from before when up to 59 minutes would "round down". And from a functional standpoint, it won't matter to me if this lesser bug is fixed, but from a programmer's view, it's still a bug, since the end time displayed in the edit box is different from that displayed in the calendar.

Deal with it as you see fit, I suspect most people won't care either way.

On a related topic, any idea if the "greater than one day" display option (viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2312) will get incorporated anytime soon?
CURRENT CONFIG: VueMinder Ultimate USB 2018.02, Windows 7 Pro / 64
A Room with a Vue = ARWAV (easier to type :!:)
A Room with a Vue

Postby VueSoft » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:37 pm

Better, but in the event editing box it still displays as "1 day" (with and end time of XX:00) if the end time is <5 minutes greater than one day.

Thank you for the feedback. I've made a correction for this bug. The correction will be in the next release.

On a related topic, any idea if the "greater than one day" display option (viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2312) will get incorporated anytime soon?

Unfortunately, a limitation in a 3rd-party component VueMinder uses will make this very difficult (or impossible). I don't think this will be incorporated anytime soon.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Return to Technical Support