Add Shared Calendar From LAN

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.

Add Shared Calendar From LAN

Postby gitinc » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:11 pm

5 PC's running in a network, and this option "Add Shared Calendar From LAN" was working perfectly. Installed it back in March.

We had to redo the OS on one of the PC's and downloaded the latest version from the site and that option "Add Shared Calendar From LAN" is no longer there. It just says "Add Shared Calendar From Local" (something like that) and it does not let me browse to open the shared file. It just opens a box that says "these are your available shared calendars" and it doesn't list anything.

Ive tried reinstalling, rebooting, and searching everywhere for an answer. Nothing yet.

Please help.
Thank you.
gitinc

Re: Add Shared Calendar From LAN

Postby VueSoft » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:22 pm

The approach to sharing calendars over a local network has been improved to be more robust when multiple people are changing the same calendar at the same time, and to allow user permissions. Here's a guide to sharing calendars over a local network using this new approach:
A Step-By-Step Guide to Sharing Calendars Over Your Local Network

You can still use the previous approach, if you prefer, but the “Add Shared Calendar From Local Network” command will use the new approach. To use the old approach, create a new calendar and then go into the Publish and/or Subscribe tabs on the Calendar Properties window. Set calendar to point to the same shared ICS calendar file. If you need to read and write the same calendar, enable both the Publish and Subscribe settings. If you only need to read the calendar, then you can just enable the Subscribe setting.

I hope that clarifies things. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Add Shared Calendar From LAN

Postby gitinc » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:35 pm

Yup, that worked perfectly.

Even though is says it will overwrite it when you point to it, it doesnt really overwrite the db. I made a back up just encase though.

Thanks!
gitinc

Return to Technical Support