Week and Month display query

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.

Week and Month display query

Postby Jaffacaique » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:19 am

Hi Dan

First of all thank you for the continued support and hard work that you have put into VueMinder, the update to 7.0 having read through all the ammendments was huge. Since the update I have noticed that when you wish to display the current week Pro only seems to display '7' days from the current day i.e. If today was Wednesday it will display Wednesday to next Wednesday. I'm sure the last version allowed you to display the current week as a standard option. Regardless of what day it is in a particular week it would display that week with the current day highlighted. I have also noticed the same when viewing the month also, I prefered being able to view the current full and week month on screen only. Did you chose to remove these as standard options if so can I reconfigure the settings to how they was before?

Also when viewing my calendar using the 'Week Tab' VueMinder displays the title of the entries okay however the time for that particular entry has a digit missing each time ... 7.45 is displayed as 7.4 and 12.00 is displayed as 12.0.
Jaffacaique

Re: Week and Month display query

Postby VueSoft » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:39 pm

Version 7.0 was improved to allow simultaneous display of mutliple view types, by dragging the view-tabs to different edges of the window. The way the previous Week view worked was not compatible with having multiple views displayed at the same time (for a number of boring technical reasons that I won't get into). That's why the layout of the Week view was changed. However, I'm working on restoring the Week view so the previous layout can be used again. There will probably be a toggle option to switch between the two layouts, depending on your personal preference.

In the meantime, the Day view can be used to see a whole week (or 2 weeks, for that matter) by clicking a week number in the Navigation Pane. However, it doesn't lock onto this setting, so if you switch to the Month view and select a date, the Day view will revert to only showing the selected date.

As for the Month view, a lot of people complained about the current date not being in the first visible week when the program starts. In other words, if the current date is toward the end of the month, people didn't like seeing the whole month because it was mostly in the past. They wanted to see the current date at the top. Due to the number of requests, it was decided to change this for 7.0. Again, this is something I'm working on changing, to allow an option to control whether the full month is displayed.

As for the full time values not appearing in the Week view, I've seem something similar in the past, in the Month view and Desktop Calendar. It only happens when Windows is set to use certain languages, like French. I'll fix this as well. Thanks for letting me know about the problem.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Week and Month display query

Postby VueSoft » Fri May 14, 2010 5:16 pm

The week and month views have been improved in version 7.1.0. You can read more about these updates here:
http://www.vueminder.com/index.php?mact=News,cntnt01,detail,0&cntnt01articleid=24&cntnt01returnid=61
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Return to Technical Support