Reminders display only if computer is on at the time

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.

Reminders display only if computer is on at the time

Postby JDM1928 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:39 pm

As a new user to the Lite version 7.0.2, I may be doing something wrong, but if I create reminders (popup and/or desktop alert) for an event and my computer is not turned on at the time of the reminder(s), they never display. e.g. I created an event to start at 4:00 am this morning with a pop up reminder 15 minutes prior and a desktop alert 5 minutes prior to 4:00 am. When I turned on my computer at 8:00 am there were no reminders displayed. In fact, in the calendar overview area for the event there was a note saying the popup reminder was snoozed until 9:21 PM??? The same thing happens for All Day events. I would like reminders for events like Birthdays to display even if I turn the computer on after the beginning of the All Day event. Is this possible?
JDM1928

Re: Reminders display only if computer is on at the time

Postby VueSoft » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:25 pm

Hmm, this is odd. I'm not seeing that behavior with either the Pro or Lite versions of 7.0.2. When the program is started, it's popping up all the reminders that came due while the computer was turned off. The fact you're seeing a snooze status on the reminder makes me wonder if maybe something else is going on with that reminder. Did you possibly snooze it previously, or disable and then re-enable it? Or, are you copying and pasting other events that were previously snoozed? All that should work, but maybe you did some combination that I haven't thought to test yet.

Could you try creating a new event, assign it a reminder, and then see if the reminder is shown as expected? I have a hunch the problem you're seeing has something to do with the particular event and might not be seen for other new events. Please let me know what you find, or if you have more detail about the steps you followed in order to make this behavior occur.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Return to Technical Support