Update problem with 7.0.1

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.

Update problem with 7.0.1

Postby zenbones » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:37 am

Ever since updating to 7.0.1 I've experienced a problem whenever VueMinder starts up. When ever I reboot my laptop (running Windoze XP pro, 2 gig ram) VueMinder first launches an "Update" screen . Since I've already dutifully updated the program and the "demand" screen shows that I am currently running 7.0.1 I am perplexed! Nevertheless, just to be sure, I've gone ahead and "updated" four times already. This has not stopped the nag screens however. :(

I now click the "Don't update" button and the program proceeds to launch (though it now takes its own sweet time, ~ 45 seconds). This behavior began with 7.0.1 and I want a downgrade. :) I otherwise love the program. Any ideas what could be going on?

Thanx.
Wndy
zenbones

Re: Update problem with 7.0.1

Postby VueSoft » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:26 am

Are you using the Lite version or Pro? This was a known problem with the Lite version and should have been corrected a couple days ago. I haven't heard any reports of this happening in the Pro version.

A bug in the Lite version caused it to think 7.0.1 was not the latest. Anyone updating to the latest version since a few days ago should not see this behavior in 7.0.1. When was the last time you let it update to the latest? Was it recently, or more than a few days ago?

In any case, there are a couple things you can do. To stop receiving the update notice, you could go to the Program Options window and uncheck the "Automatically check for program updates" box. A better solution, especially since you say it seems to be taking longer to load, would be to completely uninstall it (via the Windows Control Panel). Uninstalling won't remove your data. After uninstalling, please reinstall by using the following download link:
http://www.vueminder.com/download/VueMinder_Lite_Setup_7.0.1.exe

I think that should fix it. If you still see the program asking to update even after reinstalling from the link above, please let me know.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Better Software. Better Living.
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Update problem with 7.0.1

Postby zenbones » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:21 am

Thank you very much for your prompt answer. I'm impressed!!

Are you using the Lite version or Pro?

I am using the Lite version. Guess and have been for the past month. Guess this will be enuff of a kick in the pants to get the pro version :)

When was the last time you let it update to the latest?
I last updated on Friday, April 16.
A better solution .... would be to completely uninstall it .... {and} .... reinstall by using the following download link:
http://www.vueminder.com/download/VueMi ... _7.0.1.exe

OK, this seems to have solved the problem. You sure this just wasn't a conspiracy to get us miscreants to update to the pro edition :D

Thanks again for the solution.

Wndy
zenbones

Return to Technical Support