Norton considers my vueminder.exe file as suspicious

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.

Norton considers my vueminder.exe file as suspicious

Postby VickiB » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:06 pm

I don't know what happened, but I kept losing my Auslogics Disk Defrag installation every time I turned on my computer. I contacted Norton to see if this problem could be fixed. The Technician ran Norton Erase and it erased my vueminder.exe file . I can no longer access my application, create a shortcut, etc. . The Norton technician couldn't find any way to replace the exe file. It appears I will have uninstall and completely reinstall my Vueminder Pro application.

Is there some way to keep Norton from considering the vueminder.exe file as "suspicious?" I can't keep uninstalling and reinstalling my calendar. I will have to put all the information back into it each time I do, which is too time consuming.

I won't be able to use my software until this can be straightened out.

Please advise.
VickiB

Re: Norton considers my vueminder.exe file as suspicious

Postby VueSoft » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:43 pm

Typically, Norton will report programs that haven’t been used by millions of other people as a “WS.Reputation.1" threat and quarantine those programs without even asking. All that means is that Norton doesn’t have enough information about the software and hasn’t bothered to actually scan the software. Instead, it’s just assumed the software is a threat and it gets blocked. Norton calls this the “wisdom of crowds”…because crowds never install viruses, apparently.

VueMinder is on Norton's whitelist, but if your virus definition file hasn't been updated since the date VueMinder was most recently released, you might still get the WS.Reputation warning. Please make sure you have the latest virus definition files, or see the link below for instructions on how to bypass this useless warning:
https://www.ghacks.net/2012/06/25/how-t ... -1-system/
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Better Software. Better Living.
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby VickiB » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:52 pm

I have read the article your link lead me to, but when I open Norton 360 I don't know how to locate the Quarantine section to get my exectuable file back. I may have to call Norton again to get this problem resolved.

You didn't tell me what to do now that I can't access my calendar at all. I don't have the executable file that would open it as Norton Erase deleted it . I also lost my shortcut and cannot create another. My software at this stage is no good to me as I cannot access it. But I am afraid to do anything until I can this problem with Norton resolved. Otherwise it will damage my new re-installed VueMinderPro program, and I will be faced with a non-operative software all over again.
VickiB

Postby VickiB » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:22 pm

I called Norton and spoke a Tech and he was able to Use Norton Erase to get back the shortcut and other file that was removed yesterday. My Vueminder Pro is back in service. I also made sure he put Vueminder on the list of safe items for my Norton Firewall. Hopefully, now everything will be okay! Thanks for help. :D
VickiB

Return to Technical Support