Weeks in calendar view

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.

Weeks in calendar view

Postby Squidward » Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:18 am

How does the program determine what weeks to display when first starting? If I move around in the calendar, then "close" (not exiting the program, but simply minimizing to the tray) it remembers where I was, which is fine. But when I start the program it seems to select what weeks to display using some other criteria. For example, today is March 28. I have the calendar set to display 5 weeks. When it started it showed the week beginning today as the last of the five weeks. Is there a way to customize this? Can I, for example, tell it to always start with the week that I am currently in as the first week of the 5? Or, give it some other criteria, like display one previous week? Thanks.
Squidward

Re: Weeks in calendar view

Postby Squidward » Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:59 am

Just a follow-up. I changed the calendar display option to show 4 weeks. I then exited the program and came back in. When I did there were 4 weeks, but the current week which would include today, March 28, was not included.

Also, I noticed that after setting the calendar Appearance preference to Old School and then exiting the program it came up a different font (or something) in that the lettering in the calendar itself was kind of fuzzy and harder to read. If I go back into the Appearance options and select Old School again it sets it to that preference and remains that way until the next time I start cold. Is there something I'm missing that permanently stores that setting?
Squidward

Postby VueSoft » Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:16 pm

The next version (7.0) fixes this. The current date will always be shown within the first visible week of the Month view when the program is started.

As for the Old School theme and fuzzy text, this happens on some video cards when rendering text using GDI (as opposed to GDI+). I believe the Old School theme is using the GDI rendering technique and not the newer GDI+ technique. On most video cards, this is not an issue. But on some, it causes the text to not render correctly. I'm not exactly sure why this is the case, or why resetting the theme fixes it until the next time the program is started. It's not a problem I'm able to see or debug on any of my computers.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby Squidward » Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:43 pm

Not a problem really. I like the Old School look, but I might try some others and see what I get. Thanks again.
Squidward

Postby VueSoft » Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:04 pm

Some of the appearance themes, including the default theme, are also being updated in version 7.0. You can see a preview of the new default appearance theme by clicking here. All the themes will have a more polished look in version 7.0.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby Squidward » Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:36 pm

Looks good. Thanks.
Squidward

Return to Technical Support