Bulk Operations - due dates

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.

Bulk Operations - due dates

Postby dglp » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:47 am

I'm exploring the ways of working with Events and Tasks. A few minutes ago I revived someone else's question about copying events into a task calender. Now I've got a question about changing Task Due Dates in bulk.

I imported 31 Events into a Task calendar, 15 of which show a due date that's passed. I'd like to set all of those to have a floating date, or to disable due dates altogether.

(I see that I can drag tasks around in the Month view, but there's a secondary issue with these particular tasks; when I imported the tasks, they were assigned dates using US mm/dd/yyyy pattern, so they show up all over the year in calendar view. Sorting out that date format is a separate issue I haven't looked at yet.)

Aside from dragging tasks around in the Month view, I'm wondering if there's a key or other tool that would just reassign due dates / set a floating date en masse. Even copy/paste would be good!
Last edited by dglp on Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:46 am, edited 3 times in total.
dglp

Re: Bulk Operations - due dates

Postby dglp » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:52 am

I may have answered my own question.

In the Tasks calendar setting there are options to float to date when overdue, and to show due dates.
I'm supposing that the float option will do the thing I mentioned in the previous post, and that disabling the due date will have a similar effect.

So for clarification, does disabling Due dates convert existing due dates into floaters?

I've also sorted out the date formatting.
dglp

Re: Bulk Operations - due dates

Postby VueSoft » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:55 pm

So for clarification, does disabling Due dates convert existing due dates into floaters?

No, disabling the due date won't change a task into a floating task. By definition, a floating task will always have a due date that matches the current date (which isn't the same thing as having no due date). When you edit a task, there's a separate checkbox for floating to the current date when overdue.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Return to Technical Support