Details Pane and auto hide

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.

Details Pane and auto hide

Postby Squidward » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:11 am

Don't know if this would apply to other hidden panes, but the Details Pane does not update when it is hidden. In order to get it to update you have to open it, but with auto hide enabled as soon as you go back to the main calendar to select an event it closes and therefore doesn't update. If I've previously selected an event when the pane was open (not on auto hide), then set it to auto hide, go back to the calendar and select a different event, the details of the original event are still there. It didn't change. Turning off auto hide and re-selecting the event in the calendar will update the Details Pane. Not sure how much I will need the details, so eventually I just might uncheck that in the View menu anyway, but can it be updated when hidden? Thanks.
Squidward

Re: Details Pane and auto hide

Postby VueSoft » Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:05 pm

This was meant as a performance optimization - to not update the Details pane if it's not visible. However, it appears the optimization went a bit too far because it's not refreshing to show the currently selected event when the Details pane is unhidden. I've corrected this for version 7.0. Thanks for letting me know about the problem.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Better Software. Better Living.
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Details Pane and auto hide

Postby Squidward » Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:54 pm

Thanks Dan.
Squidward

Return to Technical Support