Send share via email

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.

Send share via email

Postby Squidward » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:37 am

I'm trying Calendar Pro Trial. In trying to send a share, which I thought was simply attaching an ics file to an email, I keep getting the error that it can not start Outlook. I'm not using Outlook. Is this suppposed to work regardless of what email client I'm using? I'm using Pegasus. I have no trouble sending myself an email reminder, or at least the test email worked. Thanks.
Squidward

Re: Send share via email

Postby VueSoft » Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:15 am

Hi squidward, welcome to the forums.

It sounds like you have both Outlook and Pegasus installed, and Windows thinks Outlook is the default mail client. Have you checked to see if Pegasus is configured as the default mail client? If you're using Windows Vista or 7, here's how to set the default client:

1.Open Default Programs by clicking the Start button, and then clicking Default Programs.
2.Click Set your default programs.
3.Under Programs, click Pegasus, and then click Set this program as default.
4.Click OK.

Here are the instructions if using Windows XP or older:

1. From the Control Panel, if using the Classic View, click Internet Options. If using the Category View, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Internet Options.
2. On the Programs tab of the Internet Properties window, select Pegasus from the drop-down list of Email programs.
3. Click OK.

After setting the default mail client to Pegasus, VueMinder should correctly use Pegasus when the "Send via Email" command is used. Please let me know if that doesn't fix it.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby Squidward » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:20 pm

Thanks.

It was not set as the default, so I changed it, but now I get a different message. It says that I either do not have a default email client or the current one can not fulfill the messaging request.
Squidward

Postby VueSoft » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:46 pm

VueMinder sends email using MAPI. It sounds like MAPI support may not have been installed for Pegasus. To fix this, run the file in your Pegasus program directory named 'wpmmapi.exe'. This program will usually be in 'C:\PMAIL\Programs'. When it asks what type of MAPI support you'd like to install, make sure you pick 'Simple MAPI'. Installing MAPI support for Pegasus should allow VueMinder to correctly send email using Pegasus as your default mail client.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby Squidward » Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:27 pm

Thanks Dan. You were right. And it all seems familar, like I deliberately didn't install MAPI when I was installing Pegasus. I did the send via email, it called up Pegasus, the .ics file was attached, and I sent it. Just waiting to hear from the recipient now.

This whole business about sharing via email was an aftethought. I was trying VueMinder Calendar for one specific reason. I have an Excel spreadsheet with a list of events and their dates for 2010. The original data is not in Excel, so it took some work to get it into that format, but then I wanted to get that data into a calendar of some sort. So, I started searching for something that I could use. I don't know how many others do what Calendar does, but most didn't mention anything about importing from Excel. Maybe they would do it, but installing and trying them would be time consuming and a pain. It works great. Just had to add the required headers, but other than that the data loaded right into Calendar with no trouble. I was actually surprised there wasn't something I needed to do to "fix" it.

Great help. Great support. Thanks again.
Squidward

Return to Technical Support