Bold Body Content

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.

Bold Body Content

Postby allenk23 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:33 pm

Hi Dan,

Is there a way to either mass update all events in a calendar to have the body content (the Description) all in bold or is there a way to mark items being imported from Excel so that their body content is all in bold?

I have a calendar (one of many) where there are about 80 events that I imported. All looks great, all is accurate. The only problem is that each event has content in the body (the Description) and unless I go into each one individually and highlight the text then apply Bold, I see no other way of doing this. I'm happy to export these 80 or so items then somehow set an attribute, then re-import them.

Note that if I view all 80 or so events in Event view, select them all, then apply Bold, that only seems to work on the Event Title, even though the Description is one of the fields listed.

Thanks for any ideas you may have.

Allen
allenk23

Re: Bold Body Content

Postby VueSoft » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:39 pm

Hi Allen, there's no mechanism to make all event descriptions bold after they've been imported. However, before importing, you can use HTML tags in the Description column of the spreadsheet. To make text bold, wrap it with <b>...</b>. You can also format the text to be underlined, italicized, different colors, font sizes, etc.

For example, you could enter this for a description in the spreadsheet:
Code: Select all
<b>This text will be bold</b> <em>this text will be italicized</em> and <span style="font-size: 18pt; color: red"><u>this text will be underlined in red and big.</u></span>

And this is how it will look after importing:
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Better Software. Better Living.
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Bold Body Content

Postby allenk23 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:53 am

Thanks Dan, great idea. I'll give that a try.

Allen
allenk23

Return to Technical Support