Categories Issues.

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.

Categories Issues.

Postby mihal.v » Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:30 pm

1. Dan, please add "Copy Category" button in addition to "Add" and "Delete" buttons. It will be useful when you need to create new category with the same appearance settings as existing one. Now you have to copy RGB codes to do this. I expect this button will create new category "Copy of..." with the same appearance.

2. Something is wrong with categories titles length (look at attached "titles.png")

3. Filter by Categories in Tasks list doesn't have Categories of subtasks (look at attached "filters.png"). Is any way to view tasks with one selected category?

4. Category filters do not work for top-level tasks (look at attached "filters 2.png"). All tasks except first don't have subtasks yet.

5, If you have only one category it's impossible to change it's appearance. VM will restore default Arial 9 after restart.

6. It's impossible to delete all categories if you don't need them. VueMinder will restore all default categories after restart. Modifying c:\Users\...\AppData\Local\VueSoft\VueMinder\Categories.xml also doesn't work.

7. It's impossible to delete Default category. When you open any task with two or more assigned categories VM restores the Default category.
Attachments
filters 2.png
filters 2.png (20.83 KiB) Viewed 130 times
filters.png
filters.png (8.99 KiB) Viewed 130 times
titles.png
titles.png (30.41 KiB) Viewed 130 times
mihal.v

Re: Categories Issues.

Postby VueSoft » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:12 pm

Hi mihal.v, thank you for the feedback.

1. Dan, please add "Copy Category" button in addition to "Add" and "Delete" buttons. It will be useful when you need to create new category with the same appearance settings as existing one. Now you have to copy RGB codes to do this. I expect this button will create new category "Copy of..." with the same appearance.

I'll add a button to the Categories window to copy a category. In the meantime, if you select a category from the category list on the main window, you can copy its appearance using the "Copy Appearance" button on the toolbar or the Edit menu. After copying the appearance, you can select a different category and click the "Paste Appearance" button to apply the copied appearance to the selected category.

2. Something is wrong with categories titles length (look at attached "titles.png")

Which appearance theme are you using? Is this a theme you customized yourself? It doesn't look like the default theme. Try the "Use Default" button in the Appearance Options to switch to the default theme. Does that fix it? If so, could you send me your custom theme file so I can determine what is causing the problem?

3. Filter by Categories in Tasks list doesn't have Categories of subtasks (look at attached "filters.png"). Is any way to view tasks with one selected category?

You should see a filter button on the Category column header. It looks like your window might not be wide enough. Do you see a horizontal scrollbar at the bottom of the Task List? Try scrolling to the right until you can see the filter button on the Category column.

5, If you have only one category it's impossible to change it's appearance. VM will restore default Arial 9 after restart.

I've corrected this for the next release.

6. It's impossible to delete all categories if you don't need them. VueMinder will restore all default categories after restart. Modifying c:\Users\...\AppData\Local\VueSoft\VueMinder\Categories.xml also doesn't work.

This is related to #5 and has also been fixed for the next release.

7. It's impossible to delete Default category. When you open any task with two or more assigned categories VM restores the Default category.

This will be fixed in the next release.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Better Software. Better Living.
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby mihal.v » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:24 am

Which appearance theme are you using? Is this a theme you customized yourself? It doesn't look like the default theme. Try the "Use Default" button in the Appearance Options to switch to the default theme. Does that fix it? If so, could you send me your custom theme file so I can determine what is causing the problem?

It's ok with default theme. I use Century Gothic as default font. Smth is wrong with this font face. I tried my theme with Sagoe UI, Corbel and Verdana Pro - everything is ok, but not with Century Gothic.
mihal.v

Postby VueSoft » Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:43 pm

Hi mihal.v, thank you for the information.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby mihal.v » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:41 am

In the meantime, if you select a category from the category list on the main window, you can copy its appearance using the "Copy Appearance" button on the toolbar or the Edit menu. After copying the appearance, you can select a different category and click the "Paste Appearance" button to apply the copied appearance to the selected category.

1. Go to Notes.
2. Create new category (I use Calendar Items left pane).
3. Select other category, press Copy Appearance button.
4. Select created category, press Paste Appearance.
5. Your notes will disappear. To get notes back you need to change Date Range.
mihal.v

Postby VueSoft » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:13 pm

Hi mihal.v, thank you for letting me know about the problem. I'll fix this in the next version.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Return to Technical Support