reminders not comming up.

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.

reminders not comming up.

Postby commander » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:57 pm

found a yellow bell with a red X when I put the pointer on it. it says do not disturb. when this option is selected, reminders are temporarily suppressed.

now since the number 1 reason for having this is reminders for when to take meds and which ones, and doctor's appointments, among other things, I would never set this thing so the reminders would not come on. so how do I fix this?

2 changes that might help you: with my internet service not working like it should, the internet company (frontier) changed channels last night. I even had to reset my code with my bank today in order to use the PC for that.

and it's time to upgrade but I can't afford it till next month.
commander

Re: reminders not comming up.

Postby VueSoft » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:43 pm

found a yellow bell with a red X when I put the pointer on it. it says do not disturb. when this option is selected, reminders are temporarily suppressed.

now since the number 1 reason for having this is reminders for when to take meds and which ones, and doctor's appointments, among other things, I would never set this thing so the reminders would not come on. so how do I fix this?

The button can be toggled. If you accidentally click the Do Not Disturb button, click it again to exit Do Not Disturb mode. Some people find this button helpful because it will prevent VueMinder from popping up reminders when they're giving a meeting presentation or just want to focus on something without interruption.
http://www.vueminder.com/blog/post/what ... -reminders

You can customize the toolbar to remove the button if you think you might accidentally click that button without realizing it.
http://www.vueminder.com/products/vuemi ... smenu.html

2 changes that might help you: with my internet service not working like it should, the internet company (frontier) changed channels last night. I even had to reset my code with my bank today in order to use the PC for that.

I'm not sure what you're asking. The Do Not Disturb button works independently of your internet connection.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Better Software. Better Living.
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby commander » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:32 am

I can't figure it out. will try again later today
commander

Postby commander » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:30 pm

I have tried every instruction, more than once, and nothing works. this thing still has a red X and half of my reminders are not coming up. BUT, at 9:AM, 1:PM, 5;PM, and 9:PM the meds reminders don't come up. but I also have a reminder 1 hour after each time to make sure I did take that. it looks like the reminders at 10:AM, and at 2, 6, and 10 PM are the ones coming up, where the primary ones do not.

any and all ideas will be helpful.
commander

Postby VueSoft » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:15 pm

The "Do Not Disturb" icon contains a red X. It's just part of the icon image. Do No Disturb mode isn't enabled unless you click the button (and you'll see the button background shaded darker to indicate the button has been selected).

It doesn't sound like you enabled Do Not Disturb mode if you're seeing some reminders. As for why you're not seeing all reminders, I have no idea.

If possible, could you send a backup of your data to support@vueminder.com, so I can determine exactly what is causing some of the reminders to not appear? All data will be kept strictly confidential and removed from my computer as soon as I've finished. You can generate a backup using the "File -> Backup Data" menu command, and then attach the backup file to an email.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby commander » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:29 pm

not only do I not see them but I don't hear them. working on sending that stuff you requested. it's midnight so i'll get it later.
commander

Postby commander » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:52 pm

did you get the information I emailed you?
commander

Postby VueSoft » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:15 pm

Yes, you sent me a screenshot of the Backup Data window. That's not what I need to determine why your reminders aren't appearing. You can generate a backup file by clicking the "Backup" button on the Backup Data window...
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby commander » Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:15 pm

ok. but while i'm doing that, i'm going to tell you that I changed the sound from the star trek
red alert klaxon to a U.S. navy general quarters man battle stations klaxon. these klaxon's are free and are made for the PC. now it looks like the thing is coming back alive. give it a couple of days and see what happens. so far it worked today.
commander

Postby commander » Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:25 pm

was getting ready to send you the copy by email when a small screen popped up saying I
had no program, or something like that, to send emails that way. i'm getting help from a windows 8-8.1 website to get that done. then i'll send you what you need.
commander

Next

Return to Technical Support