Text Scaling Regressed

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.

Text Scaling Regressed

Postby NormC » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:04 am

Hi Dan,

I'm sorry to report that with the new release that supports text scaling, many parts of the VueMinder main screen are now displayed using too large a font. The text scaling option does not affect these parts of the display. I display VueMinder as full screen.

For individual calendars I have adjusted the font size down to 7 points, which almost makes them as readable as they were in the previous release.

My setup: a 27" monitor with screen resolution set to it's recommended value of 2560x1440. I have Custom DPI set at 150%.. this worked well for almost all applications, including the previous release of VueMinder.

VueMinder with text scaling.jpg
the blue calendar is set to 7 points.
VueMinder with text scaling.jpg (165.98 KiB) Viewed 118 times

task calendar properties.jpg
properties display for a calendar
task calendar properties.jpg (131.23 KiB) Viewed 118 times
NormC

Re: Text Scaling Regressed

Postby NormC » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:36 pm

Dan, I originally found that there was no difference between Text Scaling enabled and disabled when only VueMinder was shutdown and restarted.

However, when Windows is restarted, Text Scaling does result in smaller fonts. see below
text scaling after Windows restart.jpg
text scaling enabled and Windows restarted.
text scaling after Windows restart.jpg (153.71 KiB) Viewed 108 times

I was able to revert the calendar properties to a font size of 9. Now the issue on the main window is confined to the two small calendars on the left, truncated text for the list of calendars, and the text for Day, Week , Month, Year, Timeline, Today and Settings.

There was no change to the Task Calendar Properties window after reboot.

Many thanks for your support!
NormC

Postby VueSoft » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:53 pm

Hi NormC, thank you for the information. It appears this is a Windows 7 problem. I'm not seeing this behavior in Windows 10. I'll investigate further and I'll post a reply when a correction is available.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Better Software. Better Living.
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby NormC » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:55 am

Thanks, Dan. Yes - I am running Windows 7. Too many issues when I attempted to move to Windows 10.
NormC

Return to Technical Support